Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear ended and survived

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 10:40 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what a azzhole i would waited for the police to haul him off thats why i have

uninsured motorest glad you both walked away get well soon and ride safe

Old 03-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Mtn
Advanced

Good to hear you are both ok. I had the same thing done to me at a stop sign. I got launched three feet forward, but managed not to drop it. I seen her coming in my mirrors but no time to do anything.Dam chick asks me are you ok DUDE ! arghhhh. Her car was worth as much as my gas cap. I restrained myself even when she asked if it was going to be expensive to fix my bike. I just told her, ya it was going to cost alot, because it was a harley a brand new Harley. At least I could still ride it while waiting on parts. Ride safe and keep your eyes on the cagers behind you.

Mtn

Old 03-29-2009, 11:41 PM
webbhead
Tourer

I went through the same thing 10 years ago! Glad you are ok!

Old 03-30-2009, 12:40 AM
jwhill2000
Intermediate

You and your wife ended up ok and thats all that matters. Accidents like that happen and idiots like the dude that hit you are everywhere.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Doc Intrepid
Road Master
Location: In the Pacific Northwest, a few hours east of Seattle.
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice job keeping your cool.

It doesn't always work out that way. Glad to hear you and your wife were not seriously injured, and of course that the bike seems okay. (I'd get it checked out too...)

It's a nightmare scenario, for sure...

Old 03-30-2009, 01:12 AM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

common accident - I am a retired FF (35 years) people get in a hurry... I have been on many MVA's where the guy in the back said - I thought the guy in front was pulling out - and bam.... Glad you are going to be OK.... see a doc.... and if you don't have HIGH Uninsured - get it.... its cheap and this is where it pays off...

Old 03-30-2009, 05:17 AM
smat45
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

glad you and the wife are ok. courious...do you have a driver and/or rider backrest? just wondering if it makes it harder to hop off the bike w/these on when some thing like this happens...?
take care

Old 03-30-2009, 05:39 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Glad you and your wifey's Ok. Ride safe, Bro and Sis.

Thorey

Old 03-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Oldguysg08
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Have uninsured coverage

Yep have the uninsured - highest possible - agent had suggested it and he knows best.

Have oassenger backrest - this saved my wife from getting hit with the truck's grill.

Didn't have time to do much before getting hit but all is good and insrance has been checking all day with me to be sure all is good.

Agent called me personally and gave me his home phone if I needed anything - even offered to trailer my bike to dealership. Great guy.

Anyway sore is sore and bruises changing colors now. Just takes a little longer to mend.

You all be safe.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:55 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Glad to hear you are OK. But personally I hope you have the proper informtion about ownership and liability of the accident.

Point in case I was hit in a company car infront of the Norwalk County Court House. The driver and passenger switch before the sheriff arrrive. I indicate to the sheriff that the person sitting in the passenger seat was the driver. Get this no license, registration, insurance and the girl gives the sheriff a false ID. OK the Girl goes to jail because she is a minor and releases her to her elder sister.
I go to file a claim and the older sister gave false information to the sheriff. So I go to the get a copy of the police report and ask what do I do. The Sheriff says why worry about I and my company has insurance why hassle.
The Police, Sherriff and CHP could give a rats A$$. What do we pay them for. So I truely hope you got valid information in a case like that because this kid is probably out driving already.

Quick Reply: Rear ended and survived