Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CFR slip-ons w/ VH Power Dual headers on a '09

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009 | 03:02 PM
Big Twi$t
|
Stellar HDF Member
Default CFR slip-ons w/ VH Power Dual headers on a '09

All I can say is WOW!!!! Having unrestricted headers on really make these CFR slip-ons come to life!!!!

I've NEVER heard an exhaust so deep and be so loud!!!! It is truly the happy medium for those looking for a very DEEP and really LOUD exhaust!!!! Plus, I think they are the BEST looking too.

I have a very tiny blemish on one slip-on so I ordered a new pair. I can't wait until they come in so that I can get this bike all tuned and dialed in. I bet they sound even better then. I'm hoping the combo will help produce nice gains too!

Old 03-28-2009 | 03:19 PM
rick
Road Warrior

love them as well have them on my 08 w/stock headers.Was comtemplating going with true duals later but i understand that w/duals and no motor work they may be hard to tune or untunable,too flee flowing.

Old 03-29-2009 | 12:23 PM
Big Twi$t
|
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by rick
love them as well have them on my 08 w/stock headers.Was comtemplating going with true duals later but i understand that w/duals and no motor work they may be hard to tune or untunable,too flee flowing.
I'm hoping mine tune up real nice.

Old 03-29-2009 | 12:42 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member

Agree with everthing you said.... I did have a problem with the combo I was running. 96 inch-SE211s Bassani Power Curves. Had a reversion issue that could not be tuned out with a ton of effort to tune it out. I am not ready to go and pay for 103inch which likely would have corrected it. So the CFRs unfortunately in my case had to sadly be taken off. Except for the flat spot I had down low 2400 RPM, they made real good numbers and with everything you said sound and looks!

These are very free flowing mufflers, the large duration of the 211 in the 96 was the only issue. I replaced them with 4 inch Bassani Inverts. They tuned perfect. I think because they have a decent baffle with some increase in back pressure. Power wise it shifted HP and TQ by 2 opposite directions between the two mufflers.

The CFRs are now on "Rock Docs" Bike. He is 103 SE 255 and they run perfect no tuning issues. So it confirmed it was strictly a combination problem with my setup. As you say with true duals these CFRs increase their presence.

Originally Posted by brypink
All I can say is WOW!!!! Having unrestricted headers on really make these CFR slip-ons come to life!!!!

I've NEVER heard an exhaust so deep and be so loud!!!! It is truly the happy medium for those looking for a very DEEP and really LOUD exhaust!!!! Plus, I think they are the BEST looking too.

I have a very tiny blemish on one slip-on so I ordered a new pair. I can't wait until they come in so that I can get this bike all tuned and dialed in. I bet they sound even better then. I'm hoping the combo will help produce nice gains too!

Old 03-29-2009 | 01:38 PM
Big Twi$t
|
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Donnylee
Agree with everthing you said.... I did have a problem with the combo I was running. 96 inch-SE211s Bassani Power Curves. Had a reversion issue that could not be tuned out with a ton of effort to tune it out. I am not ready to go and pay for 103inch which likely would have corrected it. So the CFRs unfortunately in my case had to sadly be taken off. Except for the flat spot I had down low 2400 RPM, they made real good numbers and with everything you said sound and looks!

These are very free flowing mufflers, the large duration of the 211 in the 96 was the only issue. I replaced them with 4 inch Bassani Inverts. They tuned perfect. I think because they have a decent baffle with some increase in back pressure. Power wise it shifted HP and TQ by 2 opposite directions between the two mufflers.

The CFRs are now on "Rock Docs" Bike. He is 103 SE 255 and they run perfect no tuning issues. So it confirmed it was strictly a combination problem with my setup. As you say with true duals these CFRs increase their presence.
Cool, thanks. This makes me feel 100% better.

Old 03-29-2009 | 05:45 PM
rick
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Donnylee

I had sent you a pm after talking to kerry on my situation.Could it of been the bassani power curve headers that was the culprit.I heard once before that the power curves are sometimes difficult unk if true.Any how with just v&h dresser duals and pc-v. could i maybe get lucky and not have this problem.

Old 03-29-2009 | 08:19 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member

I think it has more to do with the 211 cams and the odd combination of parts more then any one thing.

Originally Posted by rick
I had sent you a pm after talking to kerry on my situation.Could it of been the bassani power curve headers that was the culprit.I heard once before that the power curves are sometimes difficult unk if true.Any how with just v&h dresser duals and pc-v. could i maybe get lucky and not have this problem.