Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heat Management Mode (throttle by wire)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 12:39 PM
08UltraRider
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tda69
08Ultrarider...you read my mind. We were posting the same thing at the exact same time, so I din't see your post until after I replied. You are correct...the temp is 275 degrees from what I read somewhere.

Oh by the way....don't waste your time like I did looking through your manual. There is NO INFORMATION that I found, except that the feature exists. In other words...visit your dealer. Gotta love Harley, huh?
You may have read the 275* from me... I did read it somewhere but..... Well you know what we lose first....

There's a method to their madness.... Vsit the dealer and hopefully you'll leave with the information AND MORE CHROME.... I expressed to the dealer my feelings about the ambient air temperature gauge and they told me to just buy more chrome so I'll feel better...

Old 03-28-2009, 12:42 PM
marcparnes
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Raptor1956
From what I can see you need to turn it on every time you start the bike. Every time you turn the bike off it turns off. Nice feature only takes 5 sec. to activate.
Mine seems to stay on even if I turn the ignition off and back on.

Marc

Old 03-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Raptor1956
Tourer

Hummm that is odd. Was told that I need to turn it on every time I start bike. How do you turn it off on your bike? Mine is an 09 FLHTC I was under the impression that the 08 once turned on by dealer had to be turned off by dealer. The 09 could be turned off and on when you want to. Auto off until turned on by tbw roll foward and off with ignition turn off. I turn mine on when it is hot and it kicks in as needed. But I have noticed that if I do not turn it on every time it does not work.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Oldman Harley
Road Captain

Originally Posted by marcparnes
Mine seems to stay on even if I turn the ignition off and back on.

Marc
Once activated mine also stays on all the time.

Tim

Old 03-28-2009, 01:14 PM
marcparnes
Road Captain

I just walked over to mine and checked it and it is still on. I turn it off by rolling the throttle forward until the light flashes red.

Marc

Old 03-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Raptor1956
Tourer

Thanks every day is a new learning experience. Just when you think you have it figured out up pops something new.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:48 PM
pled55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After reading some of the recent threads concerning the Heat Mangement Mode and discovering that my bike came with that feature activated from the factory, I was curious to see how it worked on the road. Last week I took a ride through the City of Orange, CA on a warm day with temps around 88 degrees. Remembering that I could activate the mode (turn-on) by twisting my throttle forward and holding for about 5 seconds, I tried it while I was sitting at a long stoplight. My right leg had already begun to cook, once the HMM kicked-in the rear cylinder shut down giving IMMEDIATE RELIEF to my overcooked extra crispy leg. WOW! This thing works great. As noted by others, I did smell the funky aroma of unspent gas and the motor seemed to have a different rythm. Can you say single cylinder thumper?! Kinda cool actually. I noticed the bike seemed to run quieter also with only the one cylinder thumping. Anticipating the light was about to go green I blipped my throttle to get the revs up and the rear cylinder back on....worked great. I love this feature on my bike. Wish my '03 had it, it's a very useful and practical solution to the heat problem we all face.
yes it is a nice feature to have and use when you need it .was just sittin here lmao and thought what they ask you at the kentucky fried chicken joint"will that be reg or extra crispy?" i know ...got to much time on my hands

Old 03-28-2009, 01:51 PM
HD-EZ2NV
Cruiser

08Ultrarider Oh by the way....don't waste your time like I did looking through your manual. There is NO INFORMATION that I found, except that the feature exists. In other words...visit your dealer. Gotta love Harley, huh?
That's odd...It's in my manual. Also gives a step by step how to activate/deactivate the system.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Raptor1956
Tourer

Thanks you are 100% right on about the 2009. Can be turned on and off by rolling the tbw past closed. Just did some research and ended my comfusion. Thanks again.

Attached Thumbnails Heat Management Mode (throttle by wire)-p1010010.jpg  
Old 03-28-2009, 05:05 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 534 Posts

theres also a one time free download for the 07 once its in its on all the time. they call it parade duty it came out after all the complaints about heat with the lean epa tune.

Quick Reply: Heat Management Mode (throttle by wire)