Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MOCO Warrenty...what a joke

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 08:13 AM
Ohio HD Guy
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default MOCO Warrenty...what a joke

My problem is the brass fitting that the windshield screws into which is inpregnated into plastic on the inner fairing has cracked along with the plastic. The servive advisor at my local Harley dealer said this happens and is a warrented part...hence I need a new inner fairing. NOW, the service manager had to take pictures and send them to Harley for approval to replace the inner fairing. I have been waiting a week now to get word back from the MOCO and if they are going to warrent this. I asked the service manager about paying the difference and purchasing a painted inner fairing....but I can't even get a response back from the MOCO. IM pissed and ready to contact the regoinal Harley rep.
Any suggestions??

Old 03-28-2009, 09:03 AM
poppa cooter
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not trying to be a smart ellick here but just be patient and be glad there is nothing wrong with the motor or tranny,and keep your hopes up cuz that would be cool to pay the difference and get a painted inner fairing, heck i just might go crack mine if it works out for you. just kidding, ride safe

Old 03-28-2009, 09:09 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Only waiting a week LOL. relax it might take 4 or 5.

Months J/K they will get to ya.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:12 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

Be patient. If you start pressuring them now, you might find that your warranty claim is denied by the MoCo. Strager things have happened.....just saying.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:15 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah the last thing you want to do is **** them off at this point. save that for later.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

"Any suggestions?" If you want to get pissed, find something that warrants it instead of this trivial, in the bigger scheme of what's important in life, inconvenience. For all you know, the Service Manager didn't get the ball rolling as fast as he could have; the guy/gal at MOCO had a serious family problem so it sat on his/her desk for a day or two; etc.

If it will make you feel better, contact the regional HD rep.

I'm sympathetic to any warranty issue 'cause they're a pita. But why get bent out of shape over what is proably, at most, a one or two day delay in the MOCO's processing of a warranty claim? It will work out fine for you so relax and find something else to concern yourself with while this gets taken care of.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:19 AM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 212 Posts

I have found that the warranty is only as good as the dealer that is turning it in. Some dealers cover EVERYTHING, take care of their customers and find a way to get their money and others cover nothing.

Dennis

Old 03-28-2009, 09:54 AM
gillie64
Cruiser
Received 67 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with the dealer thing, some go the extra mile while others look at you a number. Give it a few more days, you'll get it right.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:51 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Relax my friend, there are bigger problems in the world. While I know that when it's OUR problem, it's always the MOST important one, you might just end up getting everything covered without any $$ out of pocket. Good Luck, I know it's a pain, but try and just relax....

Old 03-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Jukebox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I totally agree with everything said. One thing I had to learn is the warranty work is not like with an automoblie,we don't just take it in and fill out paperwork and get it fixed,the MOTOCO keeps really good records and pics of everything that just brakes for thier engineers to use on further designs and to make the product better in the future. I had the spring in my left saddlebag latch brake and I was sort of miffed but I went to my dealer and calmly explained,they took pics and called me two days later and said that they had ordered the part to fix my bike but till it came in they took one off a new bike and put it on mine and just put the ordered one on the new bike when it came in. I really like these guys.