Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about pc III maps.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Toe Knee
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Question about pc III maps.

I installed a pc III today. I got it from fuel moto and the install was flawless.

I am stock. stock air intake and stock pipes. fuel moto provided me with THEIR stock map. I compared it to Dyno Jet's stock map and as you would expect, it is different but I have a concern.

Fuel moto's only has one table and dyno jet's has 2 separate tables! I am assuming that it's because fuel moto's is maped off of only one cylinder and Dyno Jet's is mapped off of both. Can anyone advise me if that is correct?

I would think that fuel moto's is the "better" map so could it be possible (in theory) to take the Dyno jet map and just populate all the "cell's" with the same values as the fuel moto map?

(phew, that's confusing!)

OR should I just stick with the fuel moto map? opinions are welcome here guys. I am NOT going to do a dyno tune on an otherwise stock bike. At least until I decide on what pipes and air intake to go with.

(hopefully "harley tuner" will see this!!!!!)

Old 03-27-2009, 08:02 PM
jdreed520
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what i have heard and read here Fuelmoto's maps are very close to perfect.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:19 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Toe Knee
I installed a pc III today. I got it from fuel moto and the install was flawless.

I am stock. stock air intake and stock pipes. fuel moto provided me with THEIR stock map. I compared it to Dyno Jet's stock map and as you would expect, it is different but I have a concern.

Fuel moto's only has one table and dyno jet's has 2 separate tables! I am assuming that it's because fuel moto's is maped off of only one cylinder and Dyno Jet's is mapped off of both. Can anyone advise me if that is correct?

I would think that fuel moto's is the "better" map so could it be possible (in theory) to take the Dyno jet map and just populate all the "cell's" with the same values as the fuel moto map?

(phew, that's confusing!)

OR should I just stick with the fuel moto map? opinions are welcome here guys. I am NOT going to do a dyno tune on an otherwise stock bike. At least until I decide on what pipes and air intake to go with.

(hopefully "harley tuner" will see this!!!!!)
I'm sorry to say that i'm not familiar with Fuel Moto's map, I make my own. With that said, PC III is based off of both cylinders, so I don't see how there's could be done on just one. Each cylinder breathes differntly from each other, so copying one cylinder to the other wouldn't be a good thing. I would like to go into this a little more in depth if you don't mind, i'll send you a pm.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:52 AM
Toe Knee
Road Master

email sent harley tuner

Old 03-28-2009, 08:12 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

E-mail replied to. Just put into advanced mode from basic mode then you can tune both cylinders. A how to for this was sent in e-mail. Good luck

Old 03-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Toe Knee
Road Master

Got the email harley tuner!!!!

Thanks for the help!!!!!

-Tony