Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electra Glide Classic vs. Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006 | 08:36 PM
amlight
Stage IV
Default RE: Electra Glide Classic vs. Road Glide

Jeff, I ride a Road Glide and I was told before I bought it that if I didn't want one, don't ride one. There is as much difference in a Road Glide and an elactra glide as night and day. The faring on the electraglide is mounted on the forks and makes the bike top heavy at low speeds. On the other hand, the faring on the Road Glide is monunted on the frame, makes all the difference in the world. I guess the biggest endorsement is the fact that Willie G Davidson rides a Road Glide and he is head of design for Harley.

I will be glad to answer any questions you might have, just let me know. I failed to mention that I also have a Road King and there is just no comparison. The Road Glide is the best handling and most comfortable bike in the Harley line. I have added a tour pack to mine as I do a lot of long road trips.

Bill in Birmingham

Old 04-30-2006 | 08:41 PM
pointswhat
Road Captain

Bat wing Bat wing Bat wing Bat wing Bat wing Bat wing Bat wing Bat wing Bat wing Bat wing Bat wing Bat wing Bat wing Bat wing Bat wing Bat wing Bat wing Bat wing Bat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wingBat wing

Shouldn't that be....... NA na na na na na na na BATWING!

I think it will mostly just come down to preference(I'm partial to the roadglide myself). The standard does not come with a radio though and if you want the HD radio its $1000.

Old 04-30-2006 | 09:32 PM
amlight
Stage IV

WOW, it really makes me feel good about my Road Glide to see all you other guys so high on them. It is a great motorcycle.

Bill in Birmingham

Old 04-30-2006 | 09:43 PM
Swamp Fox
Road Captain

The frame vs. fork wind issue is a no-issue to me. I just moved from a Sporty to a Classic - believe me my EG has no wind buffeting issues!! It does suffer from cross winds due to the larger profile, something all of the touring bikes suffer from. I think it boils down to how they feel to you. As other have said, you won't go wrong by renting them and trying them out. Both are great bikes...and don't forget the Street Glide....to make matters worse!

Old 04-30-2006 | 09:59 PM
mndemohead
Tourer

I dont own either bike at the present time, however I did have the chance to put several hundred miles on each and Ive heard the argument that the R.G. fairing is easier in a windy day, and honestly I did not notice a bit of difference. As far as buying a R.G. because everyone else owns a E.G. and you want to be different, I think there is a reason you see more E.G. than R.G. in my opinion the R.G. fairing is terrible looking. To me it looks like it should be on a 1975 ish Kawi or somethint, just not my style. Dont let anyone sway you one war or the other, ride both and make your decision just that, your decision.

Old 04-30-2006 | 10:05 PM
Scotto
Banned

Well I think youll love whichever you choose. I think the front end fells alot lighter on the RG at low speeds. I ride alot wit a friend who rides an EG and when we hit about 80 he starts to back down and says the bike feels like its gonna take off. My RG feels very stable at high speeds and handles very well for its size. I cant say much about the EG since Ive only ridden one a short distance but it felt okay too, but the Road Glide will get my vote everytime. I even love the look of the sharknose, weird eh?

Old 04-30-2006 | 10:42 PM
buckweet
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: buckweet

ROADGLIDE ! ROADGLIDE ! ROADGLIDE ! ROADGLIDE! ROADGLIDE ! ROADGLIDE ! ROADGLIDE! ROADGLIDE ! ROADGLIDE !

WEET

rroadglide !!!! roadglide !! roadglide!! roadglide!!roadglide !!! roadglide !!! roadglide !! roadglide !! roadglide !!! roadglide !!!! roadglide !!!! roadglide !!! roadglide !!!! roadglide !!!! roadglide !!!! roadglide !!!!! roadglide !!!!! roadglide !!!! roadglide !!!! roadglide !!!! roadglide !!! roadglide !!! roadglide !!!! roadglide !!!! roadglide !!!!! roadglide !!!!

weet

Old 04-30-2006 | 10:44 PM
buckweet
Road Captain

ROADGLIDE ! ROADGLIDE ! ROADGLIDE ! ROADGLIDE! ROADGLIDE ! ROADGLIDE ! ROADGLIDE! ROADGLIDE ! ROADGLIDE !

WEET

rroadglide !!!! roadglide !! roadglide!! roadglide!!roadglide !!! roadglide !!! roadglide !! roadglide !! roadglide !!! roadglide !!!! roadglide !!!! roadglide !!! roadglide !!!! roadglide !!!! roadglide !!!! roadglide !!!!! roadglide !!!!! roadglide !!!! roadglide !!!! roadglide !!!! roadglide !!! roadglide !!! roadglide !!!! roadglide !!!! roadglide !!!!! roadglide !!!!

weet

DITTO !!! what weet said !!!

ROADGLIDE !!! ROADGLIDE !!! ROADGLIDE !!!

Old 04-30-2006 | 10:45 PM
buckweet
Road Captain

WEET

weet

I THINK ??? I'ED GO FOR THE ROADGLIDE !!!

WEET IS RIGHT !!!

Old 05-01-2006 | 01:08 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member

awh wheet is just full of himself...............i already answered this question somewhere else.......you tryin to confuse us or what!!

Quick Reply: Electra Glide Classic vs. Road Glide