Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MS Batwing on the King.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 04:18 PM
parakiller
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they are black and finished on the inside as well. It is made of a big piece of composite plastic.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:33 PM
eglinski
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

WoW!
looks real good to me, How is the protection from the wind? what size windshield did you get? and are you limited to only Memphis Shades windshields?

Attached Thumbnails MS Batwing on the King.-cellphone-pic.jpg  
Old 03-30-2009, 04:39 PM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Parakiller, can you give us the scoop on how is it in the wind and it looks like you got the 7" windsheild? Thanks

Old 03-30-2009, 06:10 PM
parakiller
Road Captain

so far the wind protection sux. I think that is because on the road king the angle of the batwing is more "laid back" I just got back from home depot with some fabrication materials and I am gong to do some serious cutting and pasting tonight and see if i can get the angle to where it is supposed to be. This is not a problem for the softails in the world...you sit lower and the windshield sits more upright so the wind goes higher...

Old 03-30-2009, 10:57 PM
phat96
Road Warrior

Keep us posted on your mods.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:15 PM
parakiller
Road Captain

Ok...I called MS and they are sending me some "replacement" brackets. I should be able to get the batwing to sit up a bit straighter and block more wind. I am going to do some serious TP wind tunnel experiments (TP has 2 meanings....toilet paper and trailer park...I will post pics of my mad experiment....it should be interesting...) the toilet paper will be attached to a string that will be anchored to the front of the seat with "streamers" set at regular intervals. My trailer park "wind tunnel" will consist of my shop vac turned wind generator. I am still trying to figure out how to get a visual "smoke" effect to augment the toilet paper wind indicators...if anyone has any suggestions...

Old 03-31-2009, 12:20 PM
ffdharley3
Tourer

Hold up a nice fat cigar.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:05 PM
DeputyMike
Tourer

What kind of bars are you running?? I put 14" apes on my RK last year, and was now considering a batwing, but will that look ridiculous, or what?

Old 03-31-2009, 02:57 PM
badjustbad
Tourer

Originally Posted by parakiller
Ok...I called MS and they are sending me some "replacement" brackets. I should be able to get the batwing to sit up a bit straighter and block more wind.
Too bad the wind protection is poor. I like the looks of the closer fit. Are the replacement brackets a standard offering from MS or are they providing them to keep you a happy customer? I guess what I'm asking is, do you know if I can request different brackets when I place an order?

Old 03-31-2009, 03:52 PM
marshrat
Advanced

I talked with the MS guys at J&P during Bike Week and they said an 11" windshield is in the works due to customer feedback. Seems to me a 13" wouldn't be overkill.
Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress!

Quick Reply: MS Batwing on the King.