Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nat. Cycle V Stream windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 01:02 PM
BOSSMAN
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I like it- alright. Looks very good and the performance is as good as stock. However compared to my cracked acrylic Custom FLH Windshield which is a total of 8" wider, it really dosnt block the wind as well. My passenger says she dosent like it as well either in terms of wind and buffeting. In reality, it would be tough to overcome an 8" overall difference. One other disadvantage - I now have a brand new 3 pocket windshield bag that I bought in Daytona this year that wont fit and an HD single box/pouch that wont work either due to the curviture of the windshield. I admit I like the clean look, but miss the spot for my Ipod & glasses etc. I do like the polycarbonate material much better than acrylic however. Its stiffer which means no movement, not prone to scatch. Overall I'd give it a "B". In an ideal world I'd like to see a wide polycarb shield with a slight curve at the top, but nobody asked me.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:25 PM
beracing
Cruiser

Ditto Bossman! Clark's Custom windshields are great too. I have the half moon, and now that they've got the flat top, I think I'm coming back to them for a try. I too loved the looks of the swept back shield, but seem to miss some of the wider shield characteristics. Buffeting was and still is, my biggest issue.

Thanks for the updates!

Old 07-01-2009, 11:29 AM
GoneFishinBy4
Stage II

There are testimonials on the national cycle web site.

Here is what one guy said

"I have 2008 FLHT Harley Davidson®, and I have been running a Klock Werks 10" windshield and must say it not a bad product. I first saw your N20405 VStream® when I was in Daytona this Spring and have been thinking about getting one for some time. I purchased the VStream last week and rode about 2,800 miles with new windshiled. I can only tell you that the Klock Werks in no way compares to the VStream. The airflow over and around the VStream is about 4 to 5 times better. I work at a bike shop and own a 1951 wishbone frame bobber 96" Shovelhead motor, a 2003 FXLR, a 1994 FLHSTC and a 2008 FLHT and ride some 25,000 plus miles a year, so I think that makes somewhat of a rider who knows what he is talking about. I would tell any customer to buy the VStream over the Klock Werks any day."

Old 07-01-2009, 04:46 PM
74_ironhead
Elite HDF Member

Sorry dude, but that testamonial is a lie. The Klock Werks 10" flare didn't come out until April.. after Daytona. Tell me how that works.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by GoneFishinBy4
There are testimonials on the national cycle web site.

Here is what one guy said

" I can only tell you that the Klock Werks in no way compares to the VStream. The airflow over and around the VStream is about 4 to 5 times better. I work at a bike shop and own a 1951 wishbone frame bobber 96" Shovelhead motor, a 2003 FXLR, a 1994 FLHSTC and a 2008 FLHT and ride some 25,000 plus miles a year, so I think that makes somewhat of a rider who knows what he is talking about. I would tell any customer to buy the VStream over the Klock Werks any day."
That's not to hard an accomplishment, the Klock works offers the least protection of any windshield on the market today.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:48 AM
National Cycle
Former Sponsor
Default Response

Originally Posted by 74_ironhead
Sorry dude, but that testamonial is a lie. The Klock Werks 10" flare didn't come out until April.. after Daytona. Tell me how that works.
The testimonial clearly states that he saw the VSTREAM at Daytona that
Spring, not the Klock Werks 10".

But he apparently bought the Klock Werks 10" SUBSEQUENT to Daytona and
was using THAT for a short time PRIOR to buying our VStream in June.
He sent the testimonial to us on June 24th.

We are well aware of what our competitors produce and when they
produce it. We would not print a fabricated testimonial when we have
so many other testimonials to choose from.

Again, a careful reading of his statements does not reveal any
falsehoods. And like "Turtle" says, the Klock Werks is not a bad
product. One rider may choose a Klock Werks, and another may choose a
VStream... but they'll both have a fine product.

Patrick McGill
National Cycle Inc. Sales

Old 03-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Since Nation Cycle brought this thread back to life from 7 months ago (for some free advertizing) I'll throw in my 2 cents since I just put their windshield on last weekend (again).

1) I am 6' with a 32" inseam and I can look over a 12" windshield
2) I bought the V-Stream National Cycle Low (10") in dark tint last summer
3) I thought I would try it again after seeing the video the other day compairing polycarbonate and the acrylic windshields posted by Nation Cycle.
4) I now remember why I took it off. The windshield was fine until I got up to 70 mph. At 70, I got so much buffering I couldn't see where I was going. (almost all speed limits in Texas are 70 mph)
5) A 10" dark windshield is also dangerous at night (in my opionion). I couldn't even see worth a crap driving into the garage at night.

FYI: I get by with no buffering with my Clearview 9 1/2" recurve