Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackpot Package - Too Loud?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Scubadog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Jackpot Package - Too Loud?

I'm just wondering how many of you out there have the Fuel Moto Jackpot performance package with the dyno tuned mufflers, PCV and AC and how you like the set-up.

I'm wondering about the sound and how they compare to Rineharts, Rush, etc. I'm mostly concerned that they might be too loud. Thanks

Old 03-25-2009, 10:07 PM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,377 Likes on 955 Posts

Lot of variables there. How good is your hearing to begin with? What are you riding now? Lot of difference between an Ironhead Sporty with open drag pipes and a stock 2009 Ultra. From what I have read here the FuelMoto guys are more than happy and capable of helping you out in any way. Am sure you will get a lot of help here. Good luck.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:12 PM
FLSTC07
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have the package and totally satisfied !! Idle is slightly louder than stock, not much. Cruise is radio friendly (1/2 volume setting is great). Talking with a passenger over the shoulder is no problem. They will get louder if you feel the need to crack the throttle. :-). Install of the package was really very easy. I would definitely recommend and buy from Jamie again !!

Old 03-25-2009, 10:20 PM
rmouse
Advanced

Originally Posted by Scubadog
I'm just wondering how many of you out there have the Fuel Moto Jackpot performance package with the dyno tuned mufflers, PCV and AC and how you like the set-up.

I'm wondering about the sound and how they compare to Rineharts, Rush, etc. I'm mostly concerned that they might be too loud. Thanks
I installed this exact setup on my 08 Road King a few weeks ago, the mufflers were noticeably quieter than the V&H Ovals I ran previously. At this time I do not have enough time on the bike to comment on any additional power. What I have noticed is the bike does not start as quickly as it did with XIEDS and the V&H Ovals. Hopefully the weather will co- operate and I will get a chance to really try the combo out.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:21 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Scubadog

Performance: A+
Sound, quality: A+
Sound, loudness: A
Gas mileage: C (A after tweaking the PCV)
Bang-for-the-buck: A+

I had Rush with 1.75 baffles which were louder than the Jackpots mostly because of the high-tech baffling material Fuel Moto uses, which not only quietens them down but provides a better tone, IMO.

I don't know of a better Stage 1 package on the market, especially for the money invested.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:28 PM
Rubbit
Road Captain

Im also waiting to put the same package on my UC. Glad the hear the comments are good.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
Performance: A+
Sound, quality: A+
Sound, loudness: A
Gas mileage: C (A after tweaking the PCV)
Bang-for-the-buck: A+

I had Rush with 1.75 baffles which were louder than the Jackpots mostly because of the high-tech baffling material Fuel Moto uses, which not only quietens them down but provides a better tone, IMO.

I don't know of a better Stage 1 package on the market, especially for the money invested.
I also had the Rush 1.75's on my 08 but mine were combined with Rinehart True Dual headpipes. The Rush were very close to what I want in sound but still a little loud for my taste. Plus the True Duel system seemed to rob some low end torque. I've ordered up the Fuel Moto package for the new 09 and it will be here on Friday. Everything I'm hearing on this package is positive so far. No need for the True Duals and dyno charts showing a 14hp increase when installed on the stock head-pipes along with the PCV and AC. I'm highly optimistic that this is the way to go.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:12 AM
eddieo
Advanced

Scubadog,
I'm running the FuelMoto Power Package (Jackpot Dyno Tuned Slip-ons Slash downs, PCV & AC on an '09 SG) and really like this setup a lot. Sound is better than stock (stock wasn't too bad), the slip-ons look nice, no decel popping what so ever, seems to have some more power, throttle is smoother and seems more responsive. Installation was pretty easy, I just took my time and made sure I didn't hurry and all was well. Decibel levels with this package are not much more than what stock levels are, so to me that is important with hopefully not getting stopped and hassled. So basically, the dollar value for this upgrage in my opinion was well worth it.

- eddieo

Old 03-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Scubadog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

For me, the stock sound is just not there. I want some sound but not obnoxious. I like what I'm hearing so far on the responses. Sounds like they might be just about right. I also just checked out Jamies dyno chart on this package and those numbers ARE impressive. I figure that I'm going to buy mufflers anyway and spend $300 or $400. So for the extra $300 for the PCV and the Air Kit, I'm buying an extra 14 HP and an extra 14lbs of torque. That's probably the best dollar value I can ever spend on my bike.

Jamies numbers:

Stock: HP. 65.20 Max Torque. 77.44
Jackpot Pkg: HP. 79.35 Max Torque. 91.64

This decision is getting easier. Thanks for the help.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:56 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the slash down Jackpots and the power package from Jamie. I talked with him at length about the sound - both volume and quality. Stock was too quiet but I wanted to be able the hear the radio and not wake the neighbors when I leave early in the morning. For me the Jackpots are just right. Louder than stock, with a nice rumble but not as loud as the SE slash up sliopns I had on my RK. They are not as loud as the Rineharts I heard nor the V&H Ovals. IMHO

They are the right so

Quick Reply: Jackpot Package - Too Loud?