Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackpot Package - Too Loud?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Tenn Ridge Runner
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put this package on my 09 Roadglide and I'm pleased with the performance. However they are not as loud as I wanted. I miss riding country roads and listening to my pipes. I had V & H classic slip ons on my 06 they they were much better. Good sound and I could still hear the radio. Fuel Moto did sell me a larger baffel which helped some. Maybe after they burn in some they will sound better. I think the next time I buy pipes I'll go to a swap meet or someplace where I can hear them.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Scubadog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, it just goes to show you how subjective sound can be. I've been down this road before with Rineharts I'm now taking the position that a little too quiet is better than a little too loud. I'm just hoping that these Jackpots sound better than stock and that the PCV and AC kit will perform as advertised while correcting the overly lean setting and cooling things down a bit.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:17 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Clint55
I also had the Rush 1.75's on my 08 but mine were combined with Rinehart True Dual headpipes. The Rush were very close to what I want in sound but still a little loud for my taste. Plus the True Duel system seemed to rob some low end torque. I've ordered up the Fuel Moto package for the new 09 and it will be here on Friday. Everything I'm hearing on this package is positive so far. No need for the True Duals and dyno charts showing a 14hp increase when installed on the stock head-pipes along with the PCV and AC. I'm highly optimistic that this is the way to go.
I had the same opinion of the Rush 1.75's, a bit too loud for my taste. Plus, they had a blap-blap sound (bark) at roll-on that I never really liked, sort of reminding me of stock mufflers that had been punched out. The Jackpot baffles are much better, quieter and IMO a better tone with no bark. The difference is the baffling material Fuel Moto uses, which also lasts longer (lifetime warranty). The Rush baffling material apparently settled or deteriorated and got louder as I rode the bike, and after a year was too loud for me.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:21 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Scubadog
Wow, it just goes to show you how subjective sound can be. I've been down this road before with Rineharts I'm now taking the position that a little too quiet is better than a little too loud. I'm just hoping that these Jackpots sound better than stock and that the PCV and AC kit will perform as advertised while correcting the overly lean setting and cooling things down a bit.
If this helps, Jamie performed some DB tests on the Jackpots vs. stock and the Jackpots are ~2DB louder, which translates into about 25% more than the stock volume.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:24 PM
nemick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the system mentioned in the original post. I like it very much and I certainly don't feel that the Jackpots are too loud.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:39 PM
canuck pride
Cruiser

Nice stuff guys .

Old 03-26-2009, 04:54 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Scubadog
... I'm just hoping that these Jackpots sound better than stock and that the PCV and AC kit will perform as advertised while correcting the overly lean setting and cooling things down a bit.
That is exactly what I found with my kit.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:56 PM
keltonkrew
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my jackpot setup...... not too loud at all I don't think.

just got wife's Rush slipons in from fuelmoto for her Heritage!!!!

Old 03-26-2009, 06:00 PM
only90s
Advanced

Had a chance to ride my bike for over an hour yesterday...side roads and highway...

I just installed the Fuel Moto Kit last weekend or the weekend before...

Bike runs real strong...it is responsive as hell...

My two cents...

The Jackpot Dyno Tuned Mufflers sound great, but they are kind of quiet for some tastes...I cant decide if I need it louder or not yet..

I cant imagine anyone would think they are too loud.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Buzzsaw
Road Captain

By Far the Best Bang for the Buck. The Bike sounds the way I wanted it, Made it deeper and just a the right volume to be comfortable for cruising all day long.

The performance gain is great. Here is the Dyno of my 07 the top numbers are after I had the package tweaked on a Dyno.

The Numbers are hard to Read in the Scan: 77 HP 91.6 TQ

Attached Thumbnails Jackpot Package - Too Loud?-dyno1.jpg  

Quick Reply: Jackpot Package - Too Loud?