Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC-V adding Autotune - would you?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 01:10 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

good thread...

Old 03-25-2009, 01:20 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
... Make sure you've done the Throttle Setting at 0% first, as if it is off that may be contributing to decel pop. Some say a leak around the muffler may also contribute.
My bike is a 08 TBW, I checked the 0% TP and it was fine but didn't think it can be reset like earlier bikes.

... I have "-10" in each cell from 3K on up, and that's the way Fuel Moto's original map was configured. My '07 runs rich at 0% from 1250-2750 RPM and I've leaned it in that range too, but still get no decel popping. I've never figured out the decel-popping issue, as some bikes seem to be plauged with it and some aren't. Mine never did pop, or at least did so rarely, and doesn't even though I've set the 0% column quite lean.
I reinstalled the Jackpots using a little silicone sealant and the popping seems to be better. Hopefully it stays that way.

And I do plan on using the autotune but am trying to learn as much as possible about the pros and cons

Last edited by JustDennis; 03-25-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:30 PM
MEGALifted
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDennis
And I do plan on using the autotune but am trying to learn as much as possible about the pros and cons
Just quit your stalling and put it up for sale in the classifieds so you can make a quick buck.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:41 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MEGALifted
Just quit your stalling and put it up for sale in the classifieds so you can make a quick buck.
Sir I apologize if I offended you in any way. I saw a PC-V with autotune at a good price listed in the classfied and told the gentleman I would take it. I planned on buying an auto tune module anyway and my friend at work wanted a tuner for his 09 Dyna so it made sense.

Again I am sorry that I have evidently made you mad but that was not my intent. As a matter-of-fact I never even saw your posts until you began to post negative comments about me.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:00 PM
MEGALifted
Tourer

Originally Posted by JustDennis
until you began to post negative comments about me.
I haven't posted anything "negative" about you yet. Some of us do our homework before we buy and don't do it on impulse.

I asked basic questions to the seller:
What all is included? Do you have any pics? Who did he purchase it from? What's the base map tuned for? As you can tell, I'm interested but have many questions.
He responded after hours and when I checked first thing next morning, you had jumped in and helped yourself to it.

I hope you enjoy it and get your money's worth because I know I would have.

PS - Ride Safe

Old 03-25-2009, 04:04 PM
OG1
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i have an PCV and AUto tune and i cant reccomend it enough. sure a canned map may be "close" but the autotune will make it perfect for the target afr's you provide. your target afr's are set in the map so you could even have a winter map and a summer map to offset the differences in fuel.

as far as warranty, i would argue that all the AT does is optimize/enrichen the AF mixture, which is going to help the bike run cooler. worst case, pull the o2 sensors and go back to stock. just use anti sieze on the threads(new ones come preapplied) and they will come right out.

even if you decide you dont want to keep it, run it for a month or so and optimize your basemap with it before you sell it off. that way you will have a perfect basemap at least.

Last edited by OG1; 03-25-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:08 PM
OG1
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I haven't posted anything "negative" about you yet. Some of us do our homework before we buy and don't do it on impulse.

I asked basic questions to the seller:

He responded after hours and when I checked first thing next morning, you had jumped in and helped yourself to it.

I hope you enjoy it and get your money's worth because I know I would have.

PS - Ride Safe
im pretty sure the first guy with the cash wins in this world. get over it. some guy got all butthurt last week because he was "looking" at my headers and someone else bought them in the meantime.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:43 PM
07JakeelwoodHD
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with OG1 I had some stuff in classifieds people were going buy and sent emails then decide not too..If you wanted them you should have said so and sent payment asking questions doesnt make them yours..

Old 03-25-2009, 07:44 PM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,387 Likes on 959 Posts

Originally Posted by 07JakeelwoodHD
I agree with OG1 I had some stuff in classifieds people were going buy and sent emails then decide not too..If you wanted them you should have said so and sent payment asking questions doesnt make them yours..
Exactly. Cash talks. Bull **** walks. Informative thread. Stage 1 download, Rush slipons and Ness B/S AC. So far.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:07 PM
MEGALifted
Tourer

You guys are right, we should spend first and ask questions later. If only I thought like a Democrat.

I'm over it and moving on. Hopefully he'll get good use out of it. I'll just quietly sit back and snicker when the same happens to the rest of you.

Quick Reply: PC-V adding Autotune - would you?