Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang, Saddleman, Corbin.... What's Best?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 09:28 PM
hotshot
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang, Saddleman, Corbin.... What's Best?

Hey folks,

Hate to open a can of worms, I know everyone has their favorite. I have done a search on this site and haven't found any usable info on what the best seat is... and why?

Don't guess there is anyway other than buy one, ride with it and then sell it if it doesn't work for you? Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:32 PM
russl179
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get your OEM seat redone by meancitycycles.com. Less expensive, better workmanship....and it will fit better.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:34 PM
bikergeoff
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mustang. Way more comfortable than stock.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Go to rallies and ask to sit on seats. It's the only way to get a real answer, because there is no 'best' seat, only the one your butt likes the best. Or back, or legs, etc.....

I have a Mustang Solo and love it. I went through months of fact finding, internet looking, and mistake making.

Best advise is to NOT BUY A SADDLEMEN, and here's why:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/287390-saddlemen-seats.html

At least that's part of the reason, but if the pictures don't tell you enough, then....

So again....My MUSTANG IS GREAT!

Old 03-24-2009, 09:48 PM
sfchief
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Found an article comparing the three on a metric cruiser. It was written in 02 but seems to be representative of other articles I've seen. Speaking from experience, the Corbin I had on the 03 RG was hard but I was able to stop for gas rather than numb butt. A Mustang I had some time back was very comfortable but lacked a bit in the visual department. Good luck.

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/acc...les/index.html

Old 03-24-2009, 09:57 PM
tslonige
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 going the MeanCity route. I actually sent my Mustang to MeanCity and had them re-do it. They lowered it, narrowed the nose and put in memory foam. Awesome seat.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:44 PM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No one matress is the best for everyone, same for the seat. Lots of folks here are pleased with Mean City Cycles mods. After that, Mustang seats are very popular, but I hated mine. Corbin gets good reviews as well, but many think they are too hard.

I like to ride 700+ mile days while touring. Wearing bicycle shorts under your jeans and adding sheepskin pads over the top of your seat has also worked for many.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:10 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 498 Likes on 349 Posts

I can't speak for Saddlemen. I've heard mixed reviews about the gel, for long term & heat. But no 1st hand exp.

Btwn Corbin & Mustang there is not a comparison. A corbin seat is carved out of frickin granite. Then they cover it with the most durable leather I've ever seen. They do look cool.

For comfort the Mustang !!! MUSTANG MUSTANG MUSTANG!!!
I have done a couple 400 mi + days on my Heritage with the Mustang. NO Dis-comfort what so ever. Mine is the Wide Vintage with the backrest.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:09 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

The only non-Harley seats I have had have been Corbins. For long term, hard use I really like them but they are expensive. I had a Dual Tourer and just got a Classic Solo with a removable backrest and passenger Touring Pillion. I put about 50k miles on the Dual Tourer on a softail.

Corbin gets my vote but I know nothing negative about the others.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:12 AM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is a very individual choice. I have had Corbins on by last 2 tourers and would not have any other. For me they are very comfortable. They are high quality and covered in real leather. Leather makes a big difference in comfort because it will breathe. I don't think many seats are made with leather.
The only pain in the butt I have had is dealing with the company itself - sending the wrong seat or backrest.

Quick Reply: Mustang, Saddleman, Corbin.... What's Best?