Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang, Saddleman, Corbin.... What's Best?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 09:44 AM
MonteW
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor quality of Corbin seat

I have bought Corbin Stinger seat for my FXDC at the end of the last year and have been very disappointed by the quality. The stitching was defective, some rivets were torn off the holes and vinyl was cut through a about 3 places (on edges) while packaging was totally intact. I informed Corbin about the case (did not ask the replacement as I live in Europe) but my mail stayed without answer.

Shortly, QC clearly failed in my case and I can not recommend Corbin.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:03 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

I vote MUSTANG, but you know what? Seats are like Mufflers, everyone has their own opinion and no one is wrong. It's what works "for you" that matters most. Your ears (mufflers) and your azz (seat) are specific to you and you alone. (Well, lets hope so anyway...)

Old 03-25-2009, 11:37 AM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I had a Mustang one pcs and did not like it at all !!! I returned it, and bought a Harley Air Seat with I also returned. Then I bought a Corbin with EXTRA factory padding..you have to ask for it. Rode 27K on my 98 Ultra and was happy. After doing some checking around, I find that I should have went with the Mustang 2 pcs saddle that would put me back further and lower. I am still looking around to see what I am going to do with my 09 Ultra. Be Safe JIM

Old 03-25-2009, 01:02 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

With over 250,000 on Corbin seats, I'm going with Corbin. I've had em on Sportsters, LowRiders, Softails, and now I have three for my Road King Ultra Glide. Hard for me to argue with success. They just work for me, and I love to put a ton of mileage on my bikes. Back rest option for rider is key. Certainly not knocking any of the other mfgs cause I really haven't had any of the others except the stock seat that usually comes with the bike. But I know what works for me. You can always pick up a Corbin, the style you want, from EBay for usually 1/2 the cost of new. If it works for you, you're home free, if not, you're usually not out too much cause you can turn around and sell it for what you paid. Good Luck.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:46 PM
hotshot
Tourer

Great replies from everyone. Thanks. I've gotta put my backside on a few seats to see what will work. I had a Mustang on a metric bike, it was pretty good.... but wanna sit on a Corbin also. Not many Corbins in my area, Mustang's rule pretty much around here.

Still looking and we'll see what pops up.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:32 PM
Rubbit
Road Captain

Meancitycycles.com. Save your self money and a whole lot of grief. they are awesome to work with.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:21 PM
lucky520
Advanced

Check out Russel Day long saddles. They seem to be the choice of alot of long distance riders. I like my alot. Not cheap.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:09 AM
cfmii11
Road Master

Corbin Dual Tour on my Ultra.
I had a Mustang on my last ride and was very happy.
I do like the Corbin better though.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:32 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 502 Likes on 260 Posts

each seat meets a certain need.... you have to define YOUR needs before getting a seat.
Corbin, Mustang, Danny Gray, C&C,Russell, Ultimate.and many others.... they're all good.... it's just finding the one that address YOUR needs. not MINE.

Go ahead, sit on a bunch at the rallies.... but.... sitting on a bike for a minute or so, won't tell you squat about how it'll feel in one hour... or two

Old 03-27-2010, 07:35 AM
2FastEddie
6th Gear

One "Mustang" Do your butt a favor

Quick Reply: Mustang, Saddleman, Corbin.... What's Best?