Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang, Saddleman, Corbin.... What's Best?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 02:22 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

All Boils down to choice Love the Mustang on my Sporty and on the EGS is the first stock seat HD ever liked .. As long as it stays comfotable see no need to spend 300-400 on another seat plenty of other ways to spend the money ...

Old 03-25-2009, 02:25 AM
hd2007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get yourself a Corbin and be done with it.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:28 AM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 197 Likes on 135 Posts

can't speak for the others but very happy with my corbin solo classic and hollywood.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:40 AM
Smiddyt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a Corbin and loved it, yes it was hard but I never had a sore a$$. I rode 1000 miles on the Corbin only stopping for gas (I was younger back then) and it worked great.

On my next bike I had a mustang cause it was cheaper, and it was good for about 2 hours of riding then I had to rest, about the same as my stock harley seat.

I never had a seat but I had Saddleman saddlebags and had to have the leather straps re-sewed a couple of times. Plus they got a crease in them while shipping my bike overseas and I could never get it to straiten back up.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:29 AM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've always noticed the tendency for people of more "normal" weight prefer a softer saddle, people with a few more pounds prefer firmer.

Makes sense when you think of simply bottoming out to the pan on a softer saddle...

Mustang if you want soft, Corbin if you want firm -

Me? I got so tired of changing saddles that I had my stock saddle modified with an inch of high-density closed-cell foam (like a Corbin) right under the stock, soft open-cell foam (like a Mustang). Now, the saddle is "softer" but "bottoms itself out" into the firm padding underneath.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:31 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mustang - both of my bikes have them and my wife has one on her Heritage. It is a personal preference thing, though.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:38 AM
electra glide
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got 3 Harley seats. 2 are the Sundowners and the 3rd is the stock comfort stitch. How much more comfortable does one really think they're gonna get on a bike? Those seats are all 3 very comfy IMO, and I bought em for $100 used, but in mint shape. Do you have a driver's backrest? That's the key to comfort on a long trip.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:45 AM
locodude
Road Captain

I had both a corbin young guns seat and a mustang wide on my old honda, the corbin was great! fit the lines of the bike and once broken in was way comfy, they are a firm seat but very well made. The mustang was a very comfy seat also, bought it for the wife to have a soft place to sit, she really liked it, I didn't like the fact that it was covered in vinyl instead of leather but still a nice seat. try to sit on each and see which one you like best, the corbin won't feel right for a few miles so take that into account. good luck

Old 03-25-2009, 08:07 AM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had a Mustang on my Ultra 4.5 of the 5 years I owned it. I moved that seat to my RG when I got it. Then I went and treated myself to a new Mustang (a smooth one vs regal that was on the Ultra). I have had my RG for 1.5 years.

Several of the guys I ride with all have Mustang seats as well.

It is a personal choice. The next bike night, open house, poker run or some other biker gathering...just look around and explain your story and you will get to sit on various seats.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:31 AM
ajay450
Tourer

I've got the Sundowner for my 08 EGS. I think it's probably the best seat I've owned and I've owned Corbin, Mustang and Ultimate.

Quick Reply: Mustang, Saddleman, Corbin.... What's Best?