Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is your fairing on straight ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Rubbit
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drinking?

Originally Posted by DPete
I mentioned here last week that my fairing is a little off to the right not much but just enough to bug me. Dealer says there's no way to adjust it WTF for $23K the fairing should be straight, is yours straight? Other than that it's one hell of a scooter
Are you sure you werent in the garage looking at your bike while you were drinking, you know trying to get away from the wife, drinking, standing in the garage starring at your bike. Drinking. Just kidding, mines straight, i think.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:31 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I had a 86 Classic and a 97 Ultra that was that way. However, my 02 Ultra is perfectly straight! I know what ya mean, It bugged the h3ll out of me too!

Old 03-25-2009, 01:58 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine is crooked also. I try to forget about. But now here YOU go starting a thread all about it!!!!! How am I supposed to sleep tonight???????

Old 03-25-2009, 03:08 AM
DPete
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 1,735 Likes on 1,302 Posts

Originally Posted by mike5511
Mine is crooked also. I try to forget about. But now here YOU go starting a thread all about it!!!!! How am I supposed to sleep tonight???????
Sorry about the nights sleep Mike but how are you going to forget about it when you stare at it every time you ride

Old 03-25-2009, 03:57 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't understand why it can not be fixed. If it's bolted on (and it is) it can be fixed, I think it's a matter of what it will take to fix it and the willingness of the dealer/Moco to do the job.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:27 AM
blueride
Tourer
Default Alignment issues

Originally Posted by lp
While riding down the [flat] road my 07 fairing is turned just a wee bit to the right, can hardly tell. My 09 on the other hand is turned WAY over to the right. The fairing and the handlebars are turned. I've played with the handlebar bushings, the fairing, the rear axle etc. Cannot fix it, only made it a little bit better.

The 09 has no frame/engine alignment adjustment that you could use to correct this so I guess it's staying that way 4-ever. Sucks but I'll live with it.

lp
Make HD fix this!!! If you're like me, every time you ride, you will see it.

My 08 RG was the same way, wrote letters, talked to the powers that be at the local HD shop, and eventually they fixed it.

Do not accept poor quality control. Believe me, they can fix it.....

If you run into a brick wall, there is always the "lemon law".....

Old 03-25-2009, 07:12 AM
liltrk
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

On a RG the fairing is bolted to the frame, so the holes would have to be misaligned or the bracket bent. They could be corrected but it would be a PITA.

On the others wouldn't the large nut on top of the triple tree correct that? I am assuming that the bike tracks straight, which also can be changed, no?

Old 03-25-2009, 09:01 AM
hawg08
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If mine's crooked, I haven't noticed it but thanks for giving me something else to worry about.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:16 AM
ajay450
Tourer

Yeah, that sucks bigtime. With a 2004 Fatboy I owned before, the handlebars were not square to the rest of the bike and when I wanted it corrected the tech said "Well, there gonna be off a little". I had just bought the bike (it was used) but still paid $15,000 for it and I thought WTF. They did eventually fix it but not 'til after I had to bitch. HD and the dealers think were supposed to accept anything just because it's an HD. Don't get me wrong, I love HD's, but there is a limit.

I have an 08 Electra Glide Standard and as near as I can tell the fairing is straight. I've taken measurements from the left and right outer edge of the fairing to centerline and I get the same measurement and it looks right.

Last edited by ajay450; 03-25-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:55 AM
ultrapacman
Cruiser

Had an 04 Heritage that the bars were not square while riding straight. Took it to the dealer and had alignment checked...everything was fine there. They said some are just like that and nothing could be done. I lived with that until I bought my Ultra...which is fine. What I'm saying is that possibly it's not the fairing, but the position of the bars.

Quick Reply: Is your fairing on straight ?