Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drip Free Oil Funnel

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 10:47 AM
tencrore
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drip Free Oil Funnel

Anyone have any experience with this product? For $20.00, I thought I might give it a shot. I know many will advise the 2 liter pop bottle method will do the same, but just asking.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.ernstmfg.com/products_oilfunnel.php

Old 03-24-2009, 10:51 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,244 Likes on 1,851 Posts

You may want to look at THIS also. You can bend it any which way to form around your scoot frame, etc.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:52 AM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Heres what you do.. Loosen your filter with a wrench just enuff that you can finish the job of loosening it by hand.. Grab a piece of cardboard like the top fold over portion of a box that long enuff to just get to the foot board and wide enuff to roll up under the filter... Jam it in there and past the filter base and finish loosening the filter allowing the oil to drain onto the cardboard and down to a drain pan placed at the end.. I just did mine last week and it worked great and ive got money left for beer cause i didnt have to buy one of those fancy funnels

Old 03-24-2009, 10:58 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Tin foil has worked best for me so far. Just like n8dc does with carboard, but I find tin foil works better.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:00 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
You may want to look at THIS also. You can bend it any which way to form around your scoot frame, etc.
That would be perfect for putting oil in the primary.

Beary

Old 03-24-2009, 11:05 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

It's probably going to work fine, and it's probably a pretty good product. But with all the other things that can do this...pop bottle, tin foil, cardboard, xerox bottle, old calendar page with the heavy paper, etc..... why would you drop a $20 bill on it? Plus shipping! Unless you just have too many hanging around. And if that's the case, just PM me for my address, and I"ll help you out.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another alternative is using aluminum foil.. sorta like "form a funnel" or take a 2 liter plastic soda bottle, cut the side and bottom out so that it can fit around and under and oil filter.

There is additional information regarding the above mentioned methodologies to on this form that can provide more detail. I have used both methods and they work well.
Just a thought. That form a funnel looks like it would also work for other things.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:19 AM
slime_dog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like zip-lock plastic bags. Loosen the filter without breaking the seal. Wrap the bag (quart size I think) over the filter and mount. Remove the rest of the way and seal up the oil and filter in the zip-lock. I have been doing it like this for years...

Old 03-24-2009, 11:25 AM
hawg08
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
dawg, where do you come up with this stuff!! I watched the infomercial and was sold. I ordered one right then and there. Looks like something I could use for more than just servicing my hawg. Again, the Forum has gotten into my pocket. Thanks!!!!

Old 03-24-2009, 11:25 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 188 Posts

I might be willing to spend the $25. I have not tried the soda bottle tirick on my 09 yet, but I have tried the tin foil and plastic bag idea and neither one worked for me. I would like to hear from other 09 owners who had success, but the new frame is so tight around the filter that I still left a nice big puddle on the floor. All three of those suggestions worked great with my 02 Road King.

Beary

Quick Reply: Drip Free Oil Funnel