Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 02:11 PM
RK Ivan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cuz their stuff looks good too!

Old 03-25-2009, 06:37 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Once I bought my Sporty way back in '02 ever since the addiction grew on me. '06 RKC then '09 Ultra along with chrome parts for all 3 bikes as well as for my 300 plus HD T-Shirt collection. Up to these days, I still do not know the true definition of Marketing except they have plans of robbing me and my $$$. ;-)

Gotta love HD Shopping,

Thorey

Old 03-25-2009, 05:00 PM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Good Lord it is a disease.......just don't let your wife or girl friend get started it really gets out of hand. But still cheaper than diamonds I suppose.
Just remember what I heard a big burly guy say at Sturgis a couple of years ago. When asked by someone why all the Harley guys wore black he said in a deep voice. "Because it's slimming"

Old 03-25-2009, 05:07 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only HD could get insanely patriotic and loyal Americans to drop excessive cash on overpriced crap made in China to show their love and support for MOCO. Yea, I have my fair share of 100% cotton $27 T-Shirts too!

Old 03-25-2009, 07:17 PM
ny rider
Intermediate

hey lets face it being cool costs money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Old 03-25-2009, 08:33 PM
2003flhtci
Tourer

I know what you mean...I have a whole bunch of Harley t-shirts. I used to wait until they went on sale and then buy 5 or 6, and I also used to discipline myself to only buy from places I actually rode to.

Until I went to Alaska on a cruise and realized there's no friggin' way I'm riding to Alaska on my bike. We were in Skagway and it was about 70 degrees and sunshine...took the tour bus to White Pass and came back on the train. Going up to the pass, there was snow on the road and it was raining some of the coldest rain ever. It didn't look like a lot of fun. I cheesed it and bought a t-shirt from Chilkoot Pass H-D. No bikes, but lots of H-D brand stuff.

I guess this old California boy has to wimp out on the Alaska ride. I only know one driving maneuver in snow...it's a U-turn.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:19 PM
russl179
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's an assignment....go to your bike. Start from the front end and work your way back. Count how many times you see the bar and shield, HD, Harley Davidson on the bike. Look everywhere. Your jaw will drop....

Old 03-25-2009, 11:22 PM
my1sthog
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the new scoot. cbears was right, my bike makes me alive and happy and all the HD brothers and sisters out there are the greatest. I been on cloud nine ever since I got my new SG, thinking about where I'm going next and where I been. It's awesome!
Welcome to the brudder hood!

Old 03-26-2009, 12:13 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cbears
I just joined the HD family ...

HD marketing is simply brilliant.
Welcome to the insane asylum ... BTW ... the bikes aren't too bad either.

As for buying HD stuff ... it is fun at times. I was in RedRock HD (Las Vegas) this last weekend and fell in love with an HD recliner they had on the floor. Now I've got a couple t-shirts and stuff on the bike, but I've never considered HD branded furniture. But this recliner was soft leather and beautiful. Only problem was the damn things was $3900!

What is worse ... I knew I had it bad when I actually thought for a moment that maybe that price wasn't so bad after all.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:42 AM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on the new scoots. I ordered my 1st Harley(I'm sure it won't be my last) last year while over here in afghanistan. I will be home in a week to enjoy her, and I can't wait. I started buying stuff online while I was still here. Even bought a t-shirt from a Harley dealer over in Qatar while on r&r. "If there's a cure for this, I don't want it"

Quick Reply: HD Marketing