Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 10:24 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey CBear, Welcome to the family from Montana. Bring that Road King to out here, and I'll show you some great riding. Nice to have you join the group, and ride safe out there.....

Old 03-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You know what's funny, a good friend of mine recently traded in his gold wing for an Ultra Classic. He was on his 2nd wing and has been riding for years. We use to go back and forth about each others bike all the time. I saw him this weekend with a HD shirt on and I asked him what did he do with all his Honda shirts. He replied I never bought one. This HD crack gets you hooked in a hurry.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:28 AM
dvmweb
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the group. Congratulation on your bike.

In the music business we call it being a, "gear *****".

The first thing one of my riding buddies said to me when I bought my first HD was , "Now you can get cool HD stuff."

Walt MI/USA

Old 03-24-2009, 10:29 AM
cbears
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Unome
That's why we ride what we ride. You can make it look like a 1,000 other bikes(if you want) or you can put stuff on it to make it look different from 1,000 others. Some people will rag others about what they put on their bikes(i.e. skulls, flames, blacked out, etc.) while others will go, "Cool!! I like your ride." That's what's so great about owning one.
I agree completely, for example, I saw a set of Iron Braid lever fringes on eBay on a RKC just like mine that were color matched to the bike, turquoise and creme. I thought they looked completely cool except I thought turquoise and black would look even cooler so I bought a set of them. My wife thinks they are gay looking but I don't give a sh*t. Of everyone that sees them about half say, "way cool", the other half laughs and makes some comment about third grade girl bicycles. For me, it's all about how I feel when I'm riding my bike. My bike makes me feel alive and happy. With all the crap going on in the world it's really nice to have some time when I just feel good about life. I'm sure you all know what I mean but my non-biker friends have no clue, then they go to their therapist.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:37 AM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife isn't into riding as much as I am. However, she has been very surprised and pleased by the treatment and attention she received at a couple of dealers.

She has been biten by the Harley bugs as well and had more "stuff" then I ever thought she would have.

Hopefully that will transfer to her riding as well.

I was a previous Goldwing owner and I will not knock the Wings or those who own them.

But---I had one Wing hat and one Wing shirt. My wife had one Wing shirt.

We already have LOTS of Harley "stuff"!

We even qualified for the "free" grill! LOL

Old 03-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats and welcome. This is a great place with alot of experience. Another item that you will need to add to your list that will SAVE you money. Get the SERVICE MANUAL!! This manual will provide you with with more information you ever thought was available. Mine cost me $60.00 plus tax and has already saved me several Hundred!!
Another thing that helped me alot was to do some research on what mods or upgrades you want to do. There is a great thread here regarding most useless additions. This saved me an additional $357.21!

Now get on your bike, ride down to your local HD shop..buy more stuff and dont forget the service manual!!
The addiction is incurable!
Hello..my name is Jim and I am An HDholic.....

Old 03-24-2009, 10:49 AM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I've got a degree in marketing and I'm very impressed with Harley's ability to convince people that they need things like Harley dog collars, baby diapers and underwear.
You must get a shirt from every dealer you pass.
You must drink Harley coffee.
Your bike will melt if you try to use non-Harley fluids in it or if you wash it with non-Harley soap.
For years they had people believing that Harleys were so rare and desireable that you should gladly pay thousands of dollars over msrp to own one and that used ones never lose value.
The HD marketing department should open a school to teach brand marketing to other companies. I've never met a group of people more devoted to any product than Harley owners.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man - when you decide to do something you jump in with both feet! A new 2-tone Ultra and a new RKC? I've decided I'm going to live vicariously through you from now on!

Welcome aboard. The Harley allure is strong, they absolutely know what they're doing - probably better than any other company on Earth. I'm a shirt nut too - I travel all over the world and everyone that works with me knows I'll have to visit a Harley dealership when we're on the road to get a shirt.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:54 PM
cbears
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Raaze07
Man - when you decide to do something you jump in with both feet! A new 2-tone Ultra and a new RKC? I've decided I'm going to live vicariously through you from now on!
I purchased the RKC just for me. I had a Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT (2000 CC) that my wife and I rode on. She never thought it was very comfortable and after hearing me brag about how much I liked my RKC, she started warming up to getting an ultra for both of us to ride on. We stopped in to Gail's in Kansas City to look for a helmet for me and saw the 2-tone root beer ultra out front. She loved the color and I jumped on her moment of weakness. They gave me a good trade-in sight-unseen for the Vulcan and viola, we had 2 HDs. Good Times!

Old 03-24-2009, 02:08 PM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I even had to buy a HD tshirt at the airport at Montego Bay Jamaica!

Quick Reply: HD Marketing