Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hottest 07 Rumors

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006 | 02:48 PM
Bruce00
|
Extreme HDF Member
Default Hottest 07 Rumors

Got back from the 1K miles service this morning. While at the dealer, I started talking to this cat at the shop about the on going installation of their dyno.
As we talked, I mentioned things I know about open loop vs closed loop EFI from my Lightning. I guess he figured I knew something about fuel injection, so he threw more info at me.
Now the dude was in his 50's, like me, had a beard, long hair and was wearing a ratty sweatshirt. So I introduced myself to him and to my surprise, he was the owner!!

No Yuppie owns my shop..........[sm=icon_rofl.gif] We talked for a good 1-1 1/2 hour about a range of things. A really good down to earth fella. The talk turned to the "Loud Pipes" issue and his words........There's going to be a BIG announcement in June. And this is not the SE pipe stoppage either. He said Harley is really catching hell from the noise police and they have to do something. Thats all he said, with the exception of if you want to change the pipes, plan on buying different heads or something..........

And there will be a motor "option" in 07, just like bikes have wheel options. He also told me one other thing, but Iam had to take an oath of secrecy on that one[&:]

**Disclaimer**
Iam just passing on info as I was told. I can neither confirm or deny the info above

Old 04-29-2006 | 03:37 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: Hottest 07 Rumors

I can't think of anything HD can do to their heads or exhaust that a wrench turner can't undo. Did he say anything about a 6 speed?

Old 04-29-2006 | 05:15 PM
axe11
Cruiser

I was at my HD dealer last weekend and got into a conversation with a salesman and sales manager about the 07's, and they told me some of the grapevine news they've heard was that some softails and the touring line will be getting a "reverse" gear finally. They also said they've heard that HD will be putting their 6-speed tranny in the touring line. I didn't hear anything about an engine option or about the exhaust noise issue, but they were pumped about the tranny and reverse additions. I'm pumped too, but I'm a little skeptical about HD adding those two things for 07.' As far as tranny's, I prefer the Baker line so I don't much care one way or the other about HD adding their 6-speed, but I would damn sure welcome the reverse gear action. I always love this time of year when all the rumors start up about the next year models, and it looks like 07' models, especially the touring line, just may have some good surprises in store for them this time around. Whatever HD does, they had better get their act together on their CVO CUSE line after the disasterous problems they've had with the 06' CUSE bikes, ranging from extremely bad paint jobs on their first two color combos as well as unexplained, and evidently very hard to fix, severe wobble issues at speeds greater than 70 mph.

Ride on,

axe11

Old 04-29-2006 | 07:30 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

My dealer told me the biggest news was that HD just bought Honda - I was also sworn to not to spread this news

Old 04-29-2006 | 07:52 PM
saweet96
Advanced

We were also told that HD is getting a lot of heat about noise too. SE might be stopping their line of pipes but we found another who claims to be quieter but more efficient. Check out their site: http://www.danddexhaust.com/news/200...d_police_i.htm

Old 04-29-2006 | 11:10 PM
bountyhunter
Banned

Screamin' Eagle 113" CVO Street Glide FLHXR (six speed) was recently previewed for select top dealers. It will be the flagship for '07 with very limited numbers in Carbon Black Pearl and special edition black chrome Sidewinder wheels. This one will be tough to get!

Old 04-29-2006 | 11:26 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

Screamin' Eagle 113" Street Glide FLHXR (six speed) was recently previewed for select top dealers. It will be the flagship for '07 with very limited numbers in Carbon Black Pearl and special edition black chrome Sidewinder wheels. This one will be tough to get!

money talks bro...money talks

Old 04-29-2006 | 11:43 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

Screamin' Eagle 113" Street Glide FLHXR (six speed) was recently previewed for select top dealers. It will be the flagship for '07 with very limited numbers in Carbon Black Pearl and special edition black chrome Sidewinder wheels. This one will be tough to get!
Now that would be worth taking a look at. I've been wondering how long it would take for them to make another CVO Roadglide.

Old 04-29-2006 | 11:50 PM
SxysCowboy
Cruiser

harley buy honda? kind of a long shot but it could happen...... honda is kinda a bigger company do you fellas think?

Old 04-30-2006 | 12:15 AM
reefteach
Tourer

My dealer gave me a picture of the new "FLH-EPA" which was designed with the help of EPA Engineers and available in '07:

[IMG]local://upfiles/8959/D88CE5A992C54931BF350275ECCBB311.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Hottest 07 Rumors