Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will HD ever do a 0% apr?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Pork-Chop
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Will HD ever do a 0% apr?

Hello,
I was just wondering cause you know how some Car Mfg are doing all they can to jump start or even stay alive, will they ever do the 0% or 1.9% financing?

~J

Old 03-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think they will, seems like they are jacking up the APR on people.
I know mine came back at a ridiculous 12.9%, I didn't say anything to the finance guy, just gave him the look and he said I'll try some other banks.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Maddogaz
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They have gone as low as 1.99% in late summer of '07 and in summer of '08 they went to 1.05% on 105th bikes. With that said... I doubt you will EVER see that again.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Pork-Chop
Road Master

wow, you are probably right, then they will complaint bout sales

Originally Posted by Maddogaz
They have gone as low as 1.99% in late summer of '07 and in summer of '08 they went to 1.05% on 105th bikes. With that said... I doubt you will EVER see that again.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Pork-Chop
Road Master

last time they had those APR's I had to hear it from the sales guy....you think they have a big *** sign on the website or at the dealers

Old 03-23-2009, 12:14 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

...front page of NY Times yesterday was a story of how tough -times are ahead for HD. They focused on the problems the financing arm of HD is having. Basically the problem is that HD can no longer unload it's loans to wall street, much as the mortgage companies did. No one will buy them, so Harley has to keep that debt on the books, that creates liquidity problems, less cash for labor costs, R&D, etc. All that means that it's going to get tougher to buy, which creates sales volume problems...20% down will soon be mandatory...no more 0-down, weak credit.....

Old 03-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Somebody's going to pay for the cost of capital when HD Finance loans you the money. Guess who that's going to be? If there was ever a 0% or 1.9% rate offered, you can be sure that the purchase price of the bike has been adjusted to offset the low interest rate.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:19 PM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the only 0% APR you will ever find will be Paid in Full cash deals. All lenders are being very careful with their money these days.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Serg06
Cruiser

I don't think HD will ever have 0%. They don't seem to give a crap about the customer. They alway seem to have their best interest in mind. Case in point, when you buy a trickle charger the pig tail is not included. Thus another sale for them. When you want passenger floorboards. they have them all apart adding to 3 different sales items. So 0% is not going to happen. If there is no money in it they will not do it. Just my 2 cents.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:48 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Serg06
I don't think HD will ever have 0%. They don't seem to give a crap about the customer. They alway seem to have their best interest in mind. Case in point, when you buy a trickle charger the pig tail is not included. Thus another sale for them. When you want passenger floorboards. they have them all apart adding to 3 different sales items. So 0% is not going to happen. If there is no money in it they will not do it. Just my 2 cents.
More so when you can go to Wal-Mart and buy the same charger in a Black & Decker package for less money and it includes not only the pig-tail, but a cig-adapter plug in as well.

Quick Reply: Will HD ever do a 0% apr?