Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart True Duals for 09 Baggers

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 10:36 AM
RRATED999
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rinehart True Duals for 09 Baggers

It's not looking good for Rinehart to be bringing out the true duals for the '09 Touring models. Issues with the manufacturer and contracts appear to have killed the mojo Rinehart had going. So for all of you with 09s that were hoping and holding out, sorry. I did just hear about L.A. Choppers bringing their version with stepped headers, matched mufflers, and "similar" look. See pics below. Currently, they are available. Not just a pipe dream two months down the road.

Attached Thumbnails Rinehart True Duals for 09 Baggers-18001105r.jpg   Rinehart True Duals for 09 Baggers-18001105l.jpg  

Last edited by RRATED999; 03-23-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Terry R. Stahly
4th Gear
Default True Duals

I have some on order supposed to ship last week now two weeks if you all them will they tell you the truth and do you really think I should find another source? I had looked at Bassani's

Old 03-23-2009, 11:19 AM
RRATED999
Intermediate

I know that Drag Specialties has them in stock, and these guys have them ready to ship...

http://www.rideshack.com/L_A_Chopper...p/lachoptd.htm

The Bassani's are a good choice for a header as well, and you can use any muffler you choose with them.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:24 AM
confused
Road Captain

All that work the MOCO did to route the exhaust underneath and to go tru duals on the 09s you have to go back to old set up, seems backwards to me.

Don't get me wrong the pipes look nice

Old 03-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Terry R. Stahly
4th Gear
Default The Bub 7's are shipping 4/1/09

Bub makes the Rhinehart True Duals so the simple solution is to get the Bub 7, they are stepped and have a much better looking slash cut that lines up with the lines of the saddlebags and are supposed to make good power.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:16 PM
RRATED999
Intermediate

Confused-

Check out the header pipe that runs underneath the swingarm and see how flat and restricted it is. MoCo is relying on the majority of the exhaust leaving through the right hand muffler, just as they have for the last 20 years. No doubt that any of the aftermarket headers will be more efficient than stock.

It will be interesting how the Bub 7s tune out on the Dyno, or how long before the rear head pipe tears a hole in itself.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:30 AM
Terry R. Stahly
4th Gear
Default Bub 7 Dyno

It is on their web site it increased the HP by 10 and the torque is improved across the board on a dead stock bike. With performance modes one could expect an even larger increase especially with more flow with better heads, cams etc.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:03 AM
electra glide
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw those BUB 7's at Daytona, they look real nice and sounded great too. I've got the Rhineharts on my 05, those Bubs really had a similar sound and a little nicer appearance with the slash cut tips.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:23 AM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry R. Stahly
It is on their web site it increased the HP by 10 and the torque is improved across the board on a dead stock bike. With performance modes one could expect an even larger increase especially with more flow with better heads, cams etc.
Yup. It seems fairly clear that there can be some significant performance gains even using the stock head-pipes. I had the Rinehart TD's on my 08. They looked great and sounded good, but there was a performance pay-back that was minor but noticeable.

So considering my experience withthe Rinehart TD's, I've decided this time around to skip the TD's on my 09 Ultra and try out Jamies Dyno tuned Jackpot / Stage 1 performance package. The package includes the Jackpot mufflers with dyno tuned baffles, PCV and the American made Air Kit with rechargeable cartridge. The Dyno charts are showing up to a 14hp gain over stock.

The satisfaction guarantee and delivered price of $689 for everything also had a LOT to do with my decision. It'll all be here in Friday and I should have an opinion by Saturday.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:31 AM
1hogridin
Stage IV
Default Bub # 7

I have the bub#7 on a 09 sg , good looks ,sound great. I had the rineharts on a 04 eg the bubs are just as good i think ,sound is a little crisper than the low rumble of the rineharts. I dont think the baffles are removable though.

Quick Reply: Rinehart True Duals for 09 Baggers