Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wait or go for it

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
Sorry, dude, I must apologize to you. After reading all the posts in this thread, I realized you guys were talking about bikes for military personnel. I was talking about regular bikes for civilians. You know, lots of guys here claim they got a heck of a deal but when you dig a little deeper, you find out that they bought a leftover or stuff like that.
Sorry again for the confusion. Shoulda read all the posts before replying to yours.

No confusion. I'm just a regular civilian type. And the deal I got I did get. Along with the other ones. I've bought several bikes from them, referred several people who bought bikes, get services done there and spend money there from time to time. Damn skippy they are gonna give me great deals. 09 or not. There are deals to be had out there. And $2k under MSRP is not that unrealixtic of a goal. Plenty of people have found similar deals. Dealers that want to sell bikes don't care if it is an 07 leftover or a brand new 09 fresh out of the crate with custom paint. As a car salesman once told me. Their sales manager wants license plates sold. Plain and simple. From a $8k Kia all the way up to a $50k Vette. It is all just a license plate and a unit sold.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:49 PM
oldbagr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will not get a bigger discount from a dealer...period. Also, if the MOCO continues to see sales decline, they will reduce production to protect pricing and buyers will back to waiting for bikes to be manufactured. Take your military discount and order the scoot the way you want it. Thanks for your service and may the Lord return you home safely from your tour.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:17 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

You don't say when you will return, but I'm inclined to advise "take the deal" with Military Exchange. Get the add-ons you want, and have it sitting at the dealer ready for pickup when you get stateside. The shop-around concept can really work great if you have time, transportation, and are willing to wait to "find it". Often times the $$ you spend to save a little $$ is really not worth your trouble. This way you'll have your bike the day you hit the USA, and you'll be ready to ride. I also suspect that the deal that MonsterMile described above would be difficult for you to get. When any loyal customer does return business with a Dealer, establishes a relationship with them, buys their service, aftermarket parts, and regularly spends $$ there, they are much more receptive to giving you a screaming deal, than the everyday "Joe" that walks in off the street and tries to negotiate a similar deal. I mean, that only makes sense, and it sounds like the Monster got a Monster of a deal. God Bless you for your service. You and your comrades in arms are in our prayers every day. Return to the US of A to ride that new Pig, and do so safely.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:26 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey FrenchBiker, with around 75-80 posts, you really need to careful blasting someone that's been around for 4500 posts. Not that longevity or number of posts gives you any real credibility, but for the most part, folks that have been here that long don't just blow smoke up your skirt to hear the wind blow. Nice to see your apology. Very appropriate. But reading the posts, it never looked to me like MonsterMile was talking about a military buy or that his purchase was a military acquisition. No flame here, but there is a quiet etiquette that sort of prevails. Unless your talking about Sharknose Roadies, Fat Chicks, Types and Brands of oil, Stabilizers, Tires, or black being the fastest color. Hang in, it gets better.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:28 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
Hey FrenchBiker, with around 75-80 posts, you really need to careful blasting someone that's been around for 4500 posts. Not that longevity or number of posts gives you any real credibility, but for the most part, folks that have been here that long don't just blow smoke up your skirt to hear the wind blow. Nice to see your apology. Very appropriate. But reading the posts, it never looked to me like MonsterMile was talking about a military buy or that his purchase was a military acquisition. No flame here, but there is a quiet etiquette that sort of prevails. Unless your talking about Sharknose Roadies, Fat Chicks, Types and Brands of oil, Stabilizers, Tires, or black being the fastest color. Hang in, it gets better.
You know, I'm 56yo and I've been in business long enough to know that if a deal is too good to be true, it generally is not. It seems that Monstermike can be trusted so if the $1800 off MSRP deal he got is not for military personnel, then I'm very interested.
I've never come close to that from any dealer I called. Best offer I ever got on a 2009 Ultra,and I think I'm not too shabby at negotiating, is $1,000 off MSRP with no freight and no prep so if indeed I can get one for $800 less than that, it's awesome.

I'll let you guys know after I call the dealer.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

frenchbiker: If you are planning on getting the same deal I got at the same dealer I doubt it is gonna happen. The point of my original post was it is possible to get $2k or more off of msrp. Plenty of people have posted similar deals. In 4-5 months these bikes will be selling for that and more off. No reason some dealers aren't doing it now. These are not rare bikes that will sell for a premium after all.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:55 PM
jdreed520
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do the deal with the Exchange.......order the color and stuff you want then when you get home you wont have to worry just get on it and ride......Be safe Brother.....

Old 03-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2 friends that did it and still searching for a dealer to match the deal

Old 03-23-2009, 01:08 PM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Tx_Rider
Here is my dilemma. I plan on purchasing a 09 Ultra Classic w/ABS and Security in red hot Sunglo.

Since I am in the Military and deployed I could purchase the bike through Exchange new car sales for about $1800 off MSRP OR take my chances at finding a good deal with a local shop. I know I may not reach $1,800 in cash off the MSRP with a dealer, but with discounts and added bennies it may add up to that.

Not sure if I want to gamble.

Thoughts?
Buy through the Exchange! You won't have to pay Taxes on your purchase, whereas you would if you bought from a dealer on your own! One of the bigger benefits of being in the military!

Old 03-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Bobzilla
Road Captain

can't think of thing that would be sweeter to come home too other than family and a new scoot waiting for me

Quick Reply: Wait or go for it