Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Taillight Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 11:06 PM
ezlife
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LED Taillight Help

Just installed the Kury LED taillight (w/o Panecea) and LED silver bullet turns. Installed the Kury run/turn/brake controller with it and brake, tail & directionals work fine, but when the directionals are just in run mode they flicker quickly. Added two load equalizers to the two pigtails on the Kury run/turn/brake controller and didn't do anything. Put back in the HD run/turn/brake modulator I had installed prior to having LEDs and directionals still flicker in run mode but difinitely less. How do I eliminate it? Tried splicing a load equalizer into the blue taillight lead on the line side of the HD modulator but that dimmed the turn signal taillight function to almost nothing. Do I have to live with the slight flicker and just leave the HD modulator in or has somebody ran into this and has some help?

Old 03-22-2009, 07:31 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Do yourself a favor. Get rid of those crappy Kuryakyn load equalizers and pick up a Smart Equalizer by Biketronics. Plugs in-line with no splicing, no heat, covers your whole bike for any amount of LED's and no hassle lifetime warranty.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:50 AM
mymatrix
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Badland's Illuminator or Badlands Load Equalizer will also solve the problem.

http://ridetimetechnology.com/modules.htm

Old 03-22-2009, 08:21 AM
BIGVTWIN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by monstermile
do yourself a favor. Get rid of those crappy kuryakyn load equalizers and pick up a smart equalizer by biketronics. Plugs in-line with no splicing, no heat, covers your whole bike for any amount of led's and no hassle lifetime warranty.

amen!

Old 03-22-2009, 08:44 AM
BarneyB
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED's

I added the Badlands Load Equalizer as well and have had no issues. Easy install!

Old 03-22-2009, 08:50 AM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master

+1 on the badlands! I run LEDs all around and I've never had an issue with this unit. It's TSSM friendly too! A lot of Load Equalizers are hit and miss for sure. I found badlands a 10 minute install and one shot...one kill!

ride safe, Mike

Old 03-22-2009, 09:18 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior

+1 on Badlands Illuminator, no heat, plug & play, built-in load equalizer and security compatable. (sp?)

Old 03-22-2009, 09:28 AM
katobird
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Kury sucks... or you can put conventional bulbs on the front turn signals..draws enough load to be normal....it's what I'm running LED tailightbulb and turn sig bulbs work fine no equalizer

Old 03-22-2009, 09:55 AM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Thumbs down

I hear nothing good about Kury products these days other than their ISO grips.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:09 AM
ezlife
Road Master

Thanks guys. Few more questions:

Seems like I'll go with the Badlands or Biketronics.

1. Keep HD rune/turn/brake module and add Bandlands III or BT Smart equalizer. Would it go on line or load side of HD module, Badlands shows putting splices downstream of controller?

2. Install Badlands Illuminator in place of HD module w/o LE since its integrated into Illuminator. Eliminates the two modules and puts all in one unit. Long term?

3. The Biketronics Smart Equalizer has a few models; BT801, BT802, etc. Whats the difference? My scoot is an 07 RKC wired for security (red key lights in cluster) but don't have security installed.

Yea, not to happy with the Kury. Find them to be hit or miss on stuff. Lights look great lite, but LEs, controllers, etc., cheaply made but not priced cheap.

Quick Reply: LED Taillight Help