Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Brawler Solo Saddle '09 RKC Pics & 1st Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 08:14 PM
Elvis Nixon
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HD Brawler Solo Saddle '09 RKC Pics & 1st Impressions

I thought I would post a few pics and first impressions of the HD Brawler solo saddle #51525-09 on my '09 Roadking Classic.

I was looking for a solo saddle that would move me back and lower a bit. I had a Corbin Hollywood Solo on a previous bike and really liked it and was planning on getting one for this bike. Corbin's site doesn't list it as available for the '09 bikes and after talking to a girl at Corbin who seemed clueless as to when they would be available I had to find something similar.

I decided to give the HD Brawler a shot. I got it for 20% off list price of $299 from Zanotti Motors (great place to deal with BTW). It is a leather seat and the quality is very nice and about equal to Corbin IMO.

The seat lowers you about 2" and also moves you back about 2". I'm about 6' tall and have the stock bars and feel more comfortable with the new riding position. Elbows are not locked but slightly bent. The seat height wasn't really a problem for me with the stock seat but it's more comfortable by virtue of being narrower so the added bend in the knees at a stoplight is a bonus for me.

The seat is VERY firm with almost no padding. Being that I'm used to Corbin seats which are also very firm this doesn't bother me a bit. I did 250 miles on it today and to me the Brawler was more comfortable than the stock seat. I say again, the seat is very firm. So people who like cushy seats like Mustangs won't be happy with it at "first sit".

Overall I'm very happy with the seat and at half the price of a Corbin for a leather seat is a good value IMO. I do wish there was a pillion pad option for it but I think I will make one that uses the stock seat mount hole and the solo mount hole so it bolts to the fender. Anyway enough of my jabbering here's a few pics...

Last edited by Elvis Nixon; 03-21-2009 at 08:20 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-21-2009, 08:44 PM
bpav16
Road Master
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Looks great, I was gonna get the brawler but decided on the danny gray. I'm also off a corbin and happy with the DG....

Old 03-22-2009, 06:40 AM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 253 Likes on 161 Posts

Love that look, Elvis! I also have a HD Brawler, have had it for years, and love it. I must say, that seat looks great on your Classic. In fact, your bike really just looks great!
Jerry

Old 03-22-2009, 06:56 AM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That seat looks awesome on your ride! I have the same seat on order for my 09 Street Glide! Love the solo seat look!

Old 03-22-2009, 08:12 AM
fatboy4447
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome look my friend.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:30 AM
Big Jake
Tourer

That is one sharp bike.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:25 AM
5 Speed Suicide
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my brawler. Very comfortable and even came with a leather conditioning kit.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:33 PM
RichardH
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Love it. It contours beautifully with the bike. I am looking for a solo seat also for my 09 EGlide Classic. Being 6'2" the longer positioning sounds nice also. As you mentioned the Brawler is firmer. That is the only thing bothering me. I always get butt fatigue on long rides. So far with the stock 09 seat I haven't goten any butt fatigue yet (its not leather either). My buddy tells me that the best way to get rid of butt fatigue is to get a leather seat so I will probably take the gamble and get one when I save up a few more pennies.

The other annoying part is that the stock seat really scuffs the rear fender. Poor quality on the motor co's part. Am guessing that a good professional shop can get the glass look of the paint back on the rear fender.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member

Looks great, nice addition.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:45 PM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Did the Brawler seat lower you at all?

Quick Reply: HD Brawler Solo Saddle '09 RKC Pics & 1st Impressions