Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Pics of Road Kings with Solo Setup?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Funnygirl
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Pics of Road Kings with Solo Setup?

I want to put a solo seat on my RKC but don't wanna give up a backrest.
I also want to be able to easily pop on my tour pack if I decide to take a trip.
I have really long legs too so I need a seat that won't shove me forward.

Could you guys post some pics of Road Kings with solo seats & tell me what you like/dislike about them?

Thanks!
Julie

Old 03-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Elvis Nixon
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Julie,
I just posted pics and a quick review of the HD Brawler solo saddle on my '09 RKC. Here's the link:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...pressions.html

Old 03-21-2009, 08:26 PM
mhenning
Advanced

Hello,
Not sure if this is what your looking for but this is my new setup for this summer. I have C&C solo seat and I like. I'm tall 6'8" and it fits me pretty good. I really like the tour pac in the solo position, it's like riding around in my lazy boy!

Mark

Attached Thumbnails Any Pics of Road Kings with Solo Setup?-img_2392.jpg   Any Pics of Road Kings with Solo Setup?-img_3007.jpg  
Old 03-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Funnygirl
Road Captain

I think those C & C seats look great! Love the contrasting stitching.
I checked out their website & saw they have backrests too.
My bike is a RK Classic though & my tourpack is a leather one.
Still, it has the backrest part on it.
How do you get it to mount so far forward?

p.s. My legs are long enough for me to probably BE 6'8"...
I just have a shorter torso!

Last edited by Funnygirl; 03-21-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:34 PM
mhenning
Advanced

There are two option on the bracket. I could move it back more but that seems to feel the best. I have only put about 500 miles on it so far with this crappy Michigan weather!

Old 03-21-2009, 08:39 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Funnygirl
I want to put a solo seat on my RKC but don't wanna give up a backrest. I also want to be able to easily pop on my tour pack if I decide to take a trip. I have really long legs too so I need a seat that won't shove me forward.

Could you guys post some pics of Road Kings with solo seats & tell me what you like/dislike about them?
RK and SG, same thing in this regard--so I'll pipe in with my experiences with my SG. You could mount a detachable two-up TP rack and fit the solo seat with backrest easily. OTOH I didn't want the TP hanging out the back like that so I bought a detachable solo rack with chopped TP, but there was a problem. The backrest was too close to the TP that risked contact with the adjustment thumbscrew, so I made some modifications described here.

Be advised that Corbin solo seats don't fit the detachable solo rack with or without a backrest, or at least didn't the last time I saw feedback on this issue. Harley makes a Signature Series solo with backrest that should fit the detachable solo rack without modification, but I can't attest to how comfortable it is. It is $389 with the backrest at Zanotti's, which is competitive with other solo seats equipped with a backrest.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:46 PM
wood butcher
Tourer

Had a brawler seat on my RK for a short while. Great looking-not for long rides! Did one long ride and got butt burn so baaadd! Went right out and bought a touring seat (ugly) and left it on most of the time.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:53 PM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just so happens i recently ordered from C&C a solo w/backrest +pillion and the matching cover for my leatherbags.All w/stitch that match the bike.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:01 PM
BIG Y 2014
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just put the corbin classic solo on seems to sit me back more than my sundowner did also have the floorboards moved up and out stretches me out nicely. the seat seems comfy right out of the box and should only get better with time. dont know out the rack TP issues yet.

Attached Thumbnails Any Pics of Road Kings with Solo Setup?-100_0802.jpg   Any Pics of Road Kings with Solo Setup?-100_0809.jpg   Any Pics of Road Kings with Solo Setup?-100_0806.jpg  
Old 03-21-2009, 09:17 PM
ramnj
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

C&C solo seat.

Quick Reply: Any Pics of Road Kings with Solo Setup?