Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arc Audio "The Beast" by Firecap501 Installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Roaddog359
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Arc Audio "The Beast" by Firecap501 Installed

Well, I have been reading posts on here for the past 6 months about speakers, amps and the dealers. Well I finally made up my mind on what set up I wanted to go with and who my dealer was going to be. I ordered my Arc 6.5's and Mini amp from Firecap501 after having several emails back and forth and even a phone call or two about questions I had. Firecap501 was always available by phone and quick to answer my emails. He is a super nice guy and very well schooled on audio. I placed my order and got the "goods" within days. So today was the day I decided to do the install, and boy was it easy! Believe me, if I can do it anyone can! The hardest part for me was trying to move all the stuff mounted above my battery and the removal of the plastic battery cover. I has 1 Question so I called Wayne up, he answered right away and told me where the switched power wire was located. We stayed on the phone and talked while I finished the install in case I had any questions but it was pretty straight forward. I got it all installed in about 1 1/2 hrs. taking my time and talking on the phone with Wayne. I fired it up and Wayne helped me dial it in and "The Beast" came alive! Man does this thing get loud!!!! It was free of distortion at full power, the bass is greatly improved over stock. All I can say is this set up is well worth the money and Firecap501 support and customer service is the BEST! If you are still on the bubble trying to decide which system or who to buy from wait no more, give Firecap501 a call or PM him on the forum. You will not regret buying this setup or dealing with Wayne.

Last edited by Roaddog359; 03-21-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:45 PM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree. I posted last night about my setup from Wayne. I've got the same setup except I have the ARC 5.25" in my rear pods as well. Love my system.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Bigredone
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fininshed my install this morning. Arc 6.5 in the front, Arc 5.25 in the rear, and the Arc Mini Amp. Only one issue and it was because I didn't see the button under the harness.

The biggest problem for me was getting the fairing back on after the install. There's not a lot of room once you install the amp on top of the XM and CB module. If I didn't love my XM so much I could have taken it and the CB out. To me, the CB rates right alongwith the Air Temp gauge.

Anyway, got it all cramed in and man is it loud. And bass, I finally got some!

Thanks again Firecap. You da man!

Old 03-21-2009, 04:44 PM
mhud
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you are enjoying it, I also bought a kit from Wayne with amp & speakers. Mine has some distortion at cruise speed. It's probably the settings; I have not taken the faring off my Road Glide to adjust them since it's such as PITA.

What settings did you use to dial it in?

Old 03-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Awesome! Post some pics when you get a chance, so we can check out the setup!

Old 03-21-2009, 05:45 PM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mhud
What settings did you use to dial it in?
Make sure you setting the radio/amp up right. Here's the correct way to set up the 125.2 Arc Audio amp (or any amp for that matter):

1. To set everything up properly, use a CD instead of the AM/FM radio. I burnt a CD with a couple good songs that have highs, great mid-range, and some bass (not rap, your speakers won't go that low for deep bass).

2. On the radio, make sure treble/bass/fader are all set to neutral (in the middle).

3. Make sure both gain controls on amp are at its lowest (or just a shade up if you cannot hear volume on radio).

4. Set your crossover switch to high, and put the selector at a shade higher than 55MHz. If you have the 5.25" ARC speakers, you turn it up a little higher, since the 5.25" speakers only go down to 80MHz. The 6.5" speakers down to 60MHz, so I'm close to the 55MHz selection. This keeps your amp/speakers more efficient, since it's not trying to pass on those low bass signals that the rappers use (speakers can't understand that low frequency anyways, no since confusing them with low frequencies that they can't play). Make sure to leave bass boost at 0, since you aren't running a sub.

5. Turn radio up to 75% of volume level, turn down a shade if it is distorted. You don't have to go that high if volume is too loud for you, but it's the best way to get everything set up right as long as you don't have distortion in the radio sound. You just need to make sure that the radio is sending a clear signal to the amp, before you amplify a distorted signal.

6. As long as the radio is not sending a distorted signal to the amp, you are fine. Slowly turn up the amp gain settings. If you hear distortion, turn back the gain a little until it disappears. I have both of my gains at about 50% of available amount. If you go much higher than 50%, you'll probably get some major distortion introduced into the sound signal from the amp itself.

7. When the sound quality from the stock settings/amp are correct, go back and set up your treble/bass/fader to what you want. On the HK radio, don't turn the bass/treble settings up to max. Mine are set up with the bass 2 bars from the right side, and treble at 3 bars from the right side. My fader is 2 bars to the left of middle, and I have great surround sound.

I fiddled a little more, and my sound quality is amazing. Just remember, your amp gain settings aren't for volume. They are for amplifying the signal coming into it, from the radio. Make sure your radio volume isn't so high that it's sending a distorted signal to the amp. And, all of these settings are what sounds the best to my ear...you may need to play around to find the best settings for you.

PM if you have questions, I'll be glad to help however I can.

Last edited by mastery; 03-21-2009 at 06:11 PM.