Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pledge Wax..a scientific overview

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 08:16 PM
longhorn
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't buy that expensive pledge for $3.00-$4.00 a can,go to the dollar store and buy their $1.00 can of furniture polish.Works great on my 09 egs's windshied and fairing.Takes the bugs right off and leaves a nice shine.I too also **** in the backyard,saves on the water bill.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Lemon Pledge..... Don't really care whats in it, I just know it works. Been using it for years, and it has never harmed the paint. Have been using it only (no waxes or anything else) on my 08 Ultra which has 14,000mi, and it still looks Brand new. There are people who comment on the good looks of my bike, and most of them think that I am Bullsh-----g them about using lemmon pledge.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:46 PM
locodude
Road Captain

never used it on the painted portion of bike, does work great on lexan windshields. I appreciate your hard work researching this product, but I'm and old fashioned guy and wask my bike regularly and then use a easily removed car wax. does anyone know of a wax/polish that actually repels dust? I work next to a peanut processing company and a fully detailed bike take about 10 min. to be covered with peanut dust which has just enough oil to be washed off with soap. just wondering if there is a product and repels dust.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:02 PM
MdTIGwelder
Advanced

Jim, that was a great overview, now could give us the rundown on Doctor Mecanico?

Old 03-20-2009, 09:08 PM
BuddyinStL
Intermediate
Cool

For you guys who are afraid to use Pledge on your paint, don't be. I use it on all parts except the tires. I've owned bikes since the early 70's and I've used it on everyone of them. It softens up the bugs, and shines like nobody's business. As far as I know, paint is paint, whether on a Harley or a Honda. Just my opinion of course.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:19 PM
oldmanwayne
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

is this Pledge like the polish or Pledge like "Pledge allegiance..." ??? Great analysis!

Old 03-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Born2cure
Road Captain

Thanks Our07ultra intresting read. Felt like I was back in chem class except you made it more enjoyable. Will try the Pledge just for the He** of it.
Just got back in from pissing in yard

Last edited by Born2cure; 03-20-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:20 PM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MdTIGwelder
Jim, that was a great overview, now could give us the rundown on Doctor Mecanico?
Sure will. Give me a couple days to look into it!

Old 03-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Mighty MO
Tourer

very nice lecture professor. I had a Chem professor who told me he had discovered a universal solvent, but he couldn't find anything to put it in. Sorry, just made me think.

Old 03-21-2009, 01:46 AM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tried the Pledge Protection Plus on my bike - and consequently, my car last week. Absolutely stunning on everything (except the seat & tires, of course).

Believe it or not, I never realized that my car had a metallic-flake finish until a few days ago. A couple buddies at work were convinced that I brought it in for detailing.

The bike looks better than it ever did and it took all of three or four minutes to wipe it down with a saturated rag and then with a microfiber cloth. And the way it repels dust should be famous... I don't think I've ever ridden 300 miles without having "grit" on the back of the bags. Hardly even dust on them - and what little there was wasn't "sticky" and gritty. Country roads, very dusty, bringing up the rear, almost nothing.

I'm not going to give up hitting it with "the good stuff" every now and then - But for a quick once-over, I'm hooked.

Quick Reply: Pledge Wax..a scientific overview