Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart tip problems???

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rinehart tip problems???

Well guys, I'm frickin' aggrevated!!! Why isn't anything that we do to these frickin' bikes easy??? Any of you guys ever have problems putting on replacement tips on your Rineharts? One of my original tips had a small scratch on it out of the box so I called BUB to send me a new one. Well, the new tip I got looked worst than the first one & to boot- didn't line up properly with the holes on the pipes so I asked BUB to send me another one. Well, the next tip that I got looked great, but was still off just enough for me to cross-thread it! I know it's not how the holes are drilled on my pipes themselves because the original tip fit fine? So now I have BUB sending me a 3rd tip and if this one still doesn't fit I'm taking everything off my bike & getting a set of Vance & Hines!

Old 03-20-2009, 02:25 PM
HogFather
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does that make you feel better now, after a good vent. It just boils down to people don't give 2 shlts about quality anymore. Find it everywhere.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Tanker2
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I have a set of their chrome tips and the chrome is coming off the bottom of one of them. Never even been in the rain. It's a little out of warranity so they won't help. The first set of chrome ends I bought were tapped wrong so the Rinehart word was on the side. Should have just left it that way. Probably made in China like every thing else. HogFather your also right.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It's a little out of warranity so they won't help.
Call Rinehart customer service, ask for Brad. You may be surprised.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Siberianhusky
Intermediate

Murphy's Law. Sometimes you have to leave well enough alone. I am also maticulious and every little scratch bothers me also

Old 03-20-2009, 03:56 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

Murphy's Law. Sometimes you have to leave well enough alone. I am also maticulious and every little scratch bothers me also
I agree, but I always find it hard to ignore damage on something that just cost you a hard week's pay. You would think that a simple phone call, complain, get another one & put it on would be as simple as it's sounds?

Old 03-20-2009, 04:07 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Picky, picky. What do you expect for only $600?

Old 03-20-2009, 04:17 PM
mtairy biker
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I won't buy another set my first set turned purple i am on my secomnd set they are good so far and lets not forget about the famous braket on the pirmary side that brakes on everbody myself included OVER PRICED JUNK

Old 03-20-2009, 05:21 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

nothing comes easy but grief...

Old 03-20-2009, 09:16 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

We'll see what happens with the next tip they send me, but honestly, I'm kinda starting to regret not getting the V&H basic slip-ons? They were $200 bucks cheaper & I already knew how much of a quality product they were from having them on my last bike. First it was the "not clearing the rear axle nut & needing a spacer" issue & now it's an issue with a hole on the tip not lining up with the hole on the muffler! I'll keep ya posted..

Quick Reply: Rinehart tip problems???