Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Bye PCIII Hello TTS!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow that is encouraging about the TTS!!!

Any one have any word if the TTS and an '06 can be made to run in closed loop? In other words with o2 sensors? I know they didn't originally come on mine but want to run them just the same. Even if its with a WEGOII ???

Old 03-20-2009, 06:45 PM
bwickes
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ram

Any one have any word if the TTS and an '06 can be made to run in closed loop? In other words with o2 sensors? I know they didn't originally come on mine but want to run them just the same. Even if its with a WEGOII ???

There was some discussion on another forum about wiring change and adding exhaust with O2 bungs to use the TTS in closed loop on older bikes. It can be done but I did not investigate too closely as I run an 07.

B

Old 03-20-2009, 06:53 PM
bwickes
Cruiser

Originally Posted by electaRICK
I must be doin sumpin wrong,,,
All I gots ta do,,, is walk into the garage,,, jump on STOCK bike, hit the switch............

Im off,, enjoyin every min>

no Down loads, mappin cans, ecm,cannin maps,softwear,hardware,load,unload,re map,
map foldin,foldin cans, tuna cans,,,, nuttin,,, Am I missin sutin?
Yes, you are missing 10% of the engine performance and you are gaining unnecessary engine heat thanks to the EPA emission regulations.

B

Old 03-21-2009, 08:36 AM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
How fast do the narrow-band sensors pulse and why would more be better? I'm not trying to be defensive, just learn something.
Not really sure. maybe Steve Cole or Jamie would have the information

Old 03-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,689 Likes on 1,671 Posts

The ability to add O2 sensors to the earlier bikes is being worked on at this time. Not sure when we will be able to release something but we are trying to work it all out. It is going to require O2 sensors, wires, plugs and the new calibration. We are looking at making a complete kit with all the parts you need as well as the proper starting calibrations. My guess would be that we are still 6 - 8 week away from knowing what it's going to take. If the testing goes faster then it will be sooner but we just do not know yet.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:51 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
The ability to add O2 sensors to the earlier bikes is being worked on at this time. Not sure when we will be able to release something but we are trying to work it all out. It is going to require O2 sensors, wires, plugs and the new calibration. We are looking at making a complete kit with all the parts you need as well as the proper starting calibrations. My guess would be that we are still 6 - 8 week away from knowing what it's going to take. If the testing goes faster then it will be sooner but we just do not know yet.
Is the problem flashing the ECU or working within TTS? I would think an earlier ECU would need to be flashed to recognize the O2 sensors. Will the hardware on these older non-closed-loop bikes accommodate this?

Old 03-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,689 Likes on 1,671 Posts

You are going to have to flash for sure but we are working to see if the early hardware with code changes will be able to support the O2 sensors. That is being worked on currently but we do not have the answer yet. The second method will work for sure with a new calibration written for O2 sensors and to get a replacement ECM as all the new service ECM's will support the O2 sensors. There is also some issues with the other components on the bike that talk to one another that needs to be handled.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:01 AM
RKClassicrider
6th Gear

I have a PCIII installed on my 08' RKC, but am looking to replace it. Is the TTS installed on the bike or do you remove it after loading the map?

Old 03-22-2009, 02:24 AM
OG1
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ram

not to knock the TTS at all as i know nothing about it, but you can throw a dynojet PC5 and auto tune on any 02+ bike and run wideband sensors. it works like a charm. again not trying to detract from this product at all. i am having a blast with my o2 sensors now.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole

Thanks for the update.

Do you need a BETA tester?

Quick Reply: Good Bye PCIII Hello TTS!!