Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlemen Road Sofa for 2000 FLHTC

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 12:46 AM
mjlenz
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saddlemen Road Sofa for 2000 FLHTC

I have a 2000 FLHTC and I'm thinking about buying a Road Sofa for it unless someone can sway me otherwise. I have a HD driver's backrest that I use with the stock seat and I was wondering if I will be able to use it with the Road Sofa. Also does anyone have insight to where the best deals are on the Road Sofa? Thx ahead of time.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:01 AM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 460 Likes on 211 Posts

I bought a road sofa for my 08 sg last year. My main goal was to make the ride as comfortable as possible for my wife so she would want to take longer trips with me.

The lead time on the road sofa was about 6 weeks. I bought a Sundowner seat to get us by for a few short trips before the road sofa came in.

We got the road sofa and took off on a 700 mile trip. The road sofa was huge. It looked very awkward on the bike. It was comfortable, but the passenger pillon was so thick that it raised my wife at least four inches higher. This put her up in the air, which lowering her riding position was one of the reasons we went from Heritage to SG. Her riding position was high enough that her backrest was hitting her in the lower back instead of the middle back. The seat went all the way up to the pad on the backrest. I didn't like the way it changed the bike's handling at low speed with her raised.

We got back from the trip and she said she liked the sundowner just as well as the road sofa. The sundowner was $200 cheaper and looks better on the bike.

Saddleman took the seat back and gave me full credit for the purchase. All I was out was the shipping charges to try the seat for a trip. I think they make a good product and customer service was very good, but the road sofa just wasn't for us.

Dennis