Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommendations for Smokey Mtns area?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 07:57 PM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by timberland
Nope, no leather chaps needed...it will be plenty warm then...actually humid at the lower elevations.. Almost tropical, expect a passing rain shower in the afternoon. You will love it. I'll be there too early July 4 through the weekend. I'll be the one on a black SG, LOL...
That narrows it down...

Last edited by Road Ranger; 05-01-2009 at 07:34 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,170 Likes on 3,677 Posts

Pick th esmallest roads on the maps that don't look like much...go for it...There is a road that goes from Waynesville i think to Hot springs ithink it 109...really nice then go east on 29 until you can get on 80....croos over I40 and find some more back roads back to Asheville...or go back up 80....221 is nice..blue ridge parkway is nice but traffic sucks and is too slow....I thunk also the road from Waynesville through Cruso (276 maybe) will take you to the top of Pisghah mountain 2 mile ride to Pisgah inn...Food is fabulous....great view....go towards Highlands and Brevard too.....If you go to Waynesville eat at Bogarts....Steak and Fish is good....Backroads rowards Boone are very nice too....321, 421 towards Shady Valley Tn ..the rattler i think they call it...I've been on all these roads and they are all great....You think 4 days will be enough but you will want more.....Oh! there is a Road that goes from Robbinsville to Franklin NC... it goes through Kyle and Aquone....twisties galore.... I use to ride these roads in a car while visiting customers up there....Alway wanted to go on the Bike.....Freakin Awesome roads.....I could keep on an don and on if i picked up the Atlas.... i am sure you will get plenty of other ideas from members....I went up with the wife in October ...for 3 days...On the 3 rd day the wife says...."do we have to go home tomorrow" i said no and called Hampton Inn and extended......I never pass up an opportunity to go to the hills....Can't peel the smile off my face...

Old 04-30-2009, 08:28 PM
02ULTRA
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hittman
We stayed at the Ironhorse last spring, This is a good place, they cater to bikers. And there in the heart of good riding. Check'em out.

http://ironhorsenc.com/

+1
This place is great and very central to all the areas eveyone has recommended.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:35 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There will probably be a decent group of us riding down monday july 6th from columbus ohio any body is welcome to ride down with us.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:33 AM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 02ULTRA
+1
This place is great and very central to all the areas eveyone has recommended.
Oh man I can't wait!

Old 05-01-2009, 11:36 AM
CW4_131A
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Timberland says, "The Dragon is blah...Yea go do it once or twice then ride the Cherohala, then visit Cosby, Dandridge, the Blue ridge Pkwy, 441 to Cherokee, I40 from Sevierville TN to Ashville NC, the Biltmore House in Ashville is a place to see, it's a little larger than our cabin. Roaring Fork Motor trail out of Gatlinburg, Hot Springs, Car shows, Bluegrass concerts, Floyde Garrets muscle car Museum, Need I go on ???? You'll hate the place, LOL."
I concur. Having growed up in these parts myself I know that Timberland has mentioned the not so known, and some well known, parts of the area worth seeing. Go on, do the dragon, (and excuse me while I yawn). The 'Dragon" was our family drive to the camp grounds and fishing holes. Nobody called it the dragon back in them days. It was just another road dug into the mountains of East Tennessee. Now, you want some ridin"? Go and fetch you a road map of Scott county Tennessee. Whoo-ee-dickens, thems some roads for ridin'! But don't let anyone know 'cause none of them roads gots a name like "Dragon". Not yet anyways.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:23 PM
capt_caveman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OhioSkully
There will probably be a decent group of us riding down monday july 6th from columbus ohio any body is welcome to ride down with us.
We are headed down on Sunday 7/5 from York, Pa. Planning on taking the slow route down Skyline Dr/BRP to get there. Wave when you go by, we'll be on the Lava Red EGC.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:35 PM
sparky_mo
Club Member

Posted this on my other thread. Thought I would post it here too. Anyone from this area or heading to this area want to meet up with my wife and I the first week in June for some riding. Would love your company. Ride thru the day and a little partying at night.

Attached Thumbnails Recommendations for Smokey Mtns area?-dscf0051.jpg  
Old 05-02-2009, 05:07 PM
sparky_mo
Club Member

There was a wearing leather question for late June. What about the first week in June? Good idea to wear them? I don't like em but if we need em to keep warm I will wear them. Coming from Missour.i They are a PIA if it's hot.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:23 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

capt caveman, we came over to York Pa last year and gettysburg. Know several guys that work at the HD plant there spent almost a week over there goofing off and stuff. They go to chillicothe easyrider everyear and camp with us all.

Quick Reply: Recommendations for Smokey Mtns area?