Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommendations for Smokey Mtns area?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 08:52 PM
woodeyewetzel
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mountains

If you want to really enjoy the mountains than I recommend Tellico Plains, Tn. It is a small town right on the skyway and minutes from the tail in some of the most beautiful sights in the area

Old 04-29-2009, 10:10 PM
stevepacman
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by capt_caveman
All the suggestions have been GREAT! Thanks to all. It's going to be a LOOOOOOOONG wait till July. We're still debating about where to stay. I have reservations in both Pigeon Forge and Maggie Valley right not. Once we make a final decision we'll cancel one of them.

Where is the Apple Wood Restaurant? I'm always up for good food.
We've booked 4 nights at Holiday Motel in Maggie Valley beginning May 22nd...can't wait!

Old 04-30-2009, 12:44 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jinks
Pass on Pigeon Forge & see if you can find a spot in Maggie Valley. Easy access to all the regular places & better riding. Also run SR-80 between the BRP & Black Mountain. LMK how many times you pass your own tail light.............
We stayed in Maggie Valley......highly recommend it!

Old 04-30-2009, 02:42 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just chimming in as i saw some good info here and want to have it as were going down possibly a group of about 10 from work in july. Wife and kids and i spent a week/half in gatlinburg saw alot of good roads and places i want to take the bike back to.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:53 AM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

tagged

Old 04-30-2009, 07:57 AM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tom Chappell
check out www.IronhorseNC.com
in the area of all the great roads,
if you don't stay there at least while your down in the area stop in,
you'll never stay in Maggie Valley or Gatlinburg again!
We're staying at the iron horse at the end of June, looks like a nice place and I have been talking to Randy at the iron horse and he said he can give us all kinds of decent day trips to go on where traffic and tourism isn't as bad. We rented the lone star cabin for the week...Really looking forward to going, can hardly wait. We're gonna spend a day over in Ashville and go through the biltmore mansion, and then the rest of the time strictly riding and site seeing. Thanks for all the info on things to do!!

Last edited by Road Ranger; 04-30-2009 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:27 PM
sparky_mo
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife and I are making our first trip to the area the first week in June and want to be sure we are going to be staying where the fun is . Besides riding and site seeing, we like to go out of an evening to local bars and restuarants. Any suggestions on the best place to stay in the area for that? We would want everything of an evening to be within walking distance. You guys are giving so many options I am almost ready to start a poll . Asheville or Maggie Valley or Bryson City or Cherokee or Gatlinburg? Any other places? Someone who likes to go out and party after a day of riding please HELP us decide which one to stay at. Anyone use Asheville as their base?

Last edited by sparky_mo; 04-30-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:32 PM
springerGT
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you have a great schedule.
Be safe and enjoy.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior

Anyone been there the end of June and if so I would be interested to know if you needed leather up in the higher altitudes during that time of the season?

Old 04-30-2009, 07:53 PM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Ranger
Anyone been there the end of June and if so I would be interested to know if you needed leather up in the higher altitudes during that time of the season?
Nope, no leather chaps needed...it will be plenty warm then...actually humid at the lower elevations.. Almost tropical, expect a passing rain shower in the afternoon. You will love it. I'll be there too early July 4 through the weekend. I'll be the one on a black SG, LOL...

Quick Reply: Recommendations for Smokey Mtns area?