Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My doctor mecanico product review

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 176 Posts
Default My doctor mecanico product review

Since there seems to be some interest in the Doctor Mecanico products I thought I'd do a review of how the product worked for me. I used it on my 4 vehicles, each use was in a different way. I am not in anyway associated with the company but have communicated with Rick via PM's because I was one of those that my order was delayed because of breakage with UPS and Rick did not pre-approve this review. This review is for some of the possible hundreds of forum members that have bought the product in the last couple of weeks and have not received or not used it yet and are wondering is the product any good. I'm not trying to convert anyone from their current products.

Just a little background. I use paste wax on my vehicles. Have always heard paste holds up better than liquid. My car washing product is currently Rain X Wash and Wax that was given to me. My detailing product now is Eagle 1 Wipe and Shine. Have used Pledge and WD40 as detailers but prefer an actual detailing product. In addition, for my motorcycle, I have always avoided the S100 cleaning products because I have heard that they remove wax. I bought the Doctor Mecanico product because of the carnauba content and to fill some areas of cleaning that I will describe below.

Vehicle 1 - My wife's HHR SS- The vehicle is always garaged in bad weather but between washing, I always have to hand detail the wheels and rear bumper. The polished aluminum wheels had light brake dust, some usual road dust and salt dust from the snow storm we had. After the storm, everything dried but no rain so the roads had this salt dust. I sprayed on the Doctor Mecanico product as directed on the wheels and bumper only and rinsed as directed. Wheels came out clean and shiny as well as the bumper. No scrubbing just spray and rinse. I will buy the product just for this.

Vehicle 2 - My Expedition - This vehicle has chrome wheels and I wanted a product to offer some protection between waxings and something that might protect in the "nooks and crannies" of the wheels that is hard to wax to. Wheels were filthy with brake dust, road grime, salt, and salt dust. Sprayed 2 applications of the product as directed and only rinsed. Wheels did clean up but not all the way. I wasn't disappointed or surprised by this because the instructions do say that some wiping might be needed. Didn't have time to wash vehicle then but have since and when I used the product on the wheels with wiping, the wheels turned out great and certainly seem to shine brighter than they usually would after a washing.

Vehicle 3 - Wife's backup vehicle F150 Ford Truck - This vehicle was funky. I had been given some wheel cleaner so I used this instead of Doctor Mecanico since my object of this vehicle was to try the car washing capability of the Doctor Mecanico product. I put about 4 ounces in a bucket and sprayed in cold hose water. Nice soaping and good suds consistency. Suds stayed all thru the washing, even when adding more water to bucket. Seemed to do a nice job. Wiped it down and took it thru the neighborhood as a final dry off. Saw one of my neighbors walking and stopped and in our conversation he asked me how old is my truck and he backed off and looked at it and commented on how good it looked. This product is much better than my current car washing product.

Vehicle 4 - My Motorcycle - I bought the product because I wanted something I could spray again into the "nooks and crannies" of the motorcycle, especially the wheels, to perhaps offer some protection for those hard to get areas. I also wanted something to throw into the saddlebags for overnighters in the event of being caught in rain on the way. Motorcycle was spotless when I used the product but had been exposed to the salt dust on the roads that was plentiful between the roads drying and us having a good rain. Sprayed up into the fenders, under the bike, all over the wheels and into any hard to get to area and then just rinsed as the instructions say. Because of the way the product performed with my other 3 vehicles I feel there is a good chance that those hard to get to areas now do have some level of protection on them.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:53 PM
rfultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Xcrossbow, i have been wanting to get some for myself, but like some others wasn't sure if it was worth the effort. Good to hear it is.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:02 PM
doctormecanicousa
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am glad you liked the product!! Thanks for the review and your honesty.

Rick
Doctor Mecanico USA

Old 03-20-2009, 12:02 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Placed my second order online Monday and it was just delivered today (Friday). That's service! Anyone that hasn't tried this stuff really should.