Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuelmoto package for 09 Ultra Classic

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009 | 01:03 AM
Rubbit
|
Road Captain
Default Fuelmoto package for 09 Ultra Classic

I've always been the type to take what i think is the safe route, but i am seriously looking at the Fuelmoto package with the Jackpot Dyno tuned slipons as opposed to the what i call safe route of the stage 1 kit from HD with SE slipons. I figure i can buy the kit and do everything up to the power commander install, and can have my local indy do it for less than $60 dollars to be safe. According to Fuelmotos dyno chart for this package they say about 14 more horsepower plus good gains in torque. So everybody thats gone this route, please give me some feedback. Thanks ahead of time.

Old 03-19-2009 | 02:20 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rubbit
I've always been the type to take what i think is the safe route, but i am seriously looking at the Fuelmoto package with the Jackpot Dyno tuned slipons as opposed to the what i call safe route of the stage 1 kit from HD with SE slipons. I figure i can buy the kit and do everything up to the power commander install, and can have my local indy do it for less than $60 dollars to be safe. According to Fuelmotos dyno chart for this package they say about 14 more horsepower plus good gains in torque. So everybody thats gone this route, please give me some feedback. Thanks ahead of time.
Installing the powercommander is the easiest part of the job. If you can plug something into a wall socket, you can install the PC. The hardest part of the job is tucking the wires neatly into the space in front of the battery. But it is not a technical difficulty, more of an organizational task, like trying to fit all your stuff into a small closet.

The results are great. My bike runs stronger and cooler, and the support from Fuel Moto is second to none.

Old 03-19-2009 | 08:08 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

As stated above, the PC is just plug and play. If you can remove the seat you can install the PC. I am sure you can do the entire job yourself and save the $60. The instructions from Jamie are very good.

Old 03-19-2009 | 08:12 AM
budnlucy
Tourer

Do it your self, it's easy. The pc5 comes alreay programmed from fuel moto. I did mine and it runs and sounds great.

Old 03-19-2009 | 08:17 AM
07JakeelwoodHD
Road Master

+ one ordered my Rhineharts PCV and A/C from Fuel Moto on Mon cant wait to them on the bike

Old 03-19-2009 | 08:37 AM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member

Very simple on the '09s. You can definitely do it yourself. If you have a question call fuelmoto their customer service is great.

Old 03-19-2009 | 08:55 AM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

+1 on do it yourself.

Sent you a PM...if you are close to Cherry Point or New Bern NC then we can meet up and I'll show my FM Power Package setup.

Old 03-19-2009 | 09:30 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 09StreetGlider
+1 on do it yourself.

Sent you a PM...if you are close to Cherry Point or New Bern NC then we can meet up and I'll show my FM Power Package setup.
Sending you a PM - my son-in-law is a Marine stationed at MCAS in Cherry point.

Old 03-19-2009 | 09:46 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rubbit
I think you'll be happy with your decision if decide you buy the FM Power Package. I would suggest installing it yourself, as it is plug-and-play. Others who've done the job can help with any fitment issues on the '09 but I'm not aware of any unless you have a CA bike. Besides, doing it yourself will be a good bonding experience between you and the bike. This is important for the emotional well-being of both you and your bike.

Keep in mind that almost any Stage 1 will give you a meaningful bump in TQ/HP, even the HD Stage 1 download which is on the bottom of the bang-for-the-buck scale, but the FM package is in my opinion the very best, and certainly the best for the dollars spent.

If you have the indy install the PCV, tell him not to mess with the map! Also, when you order from FM tell them you want their "mileage map" loaded. It will not cause heat problems and is IMO the best option.

Last edited by iclick; 03-19-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-19-2009 | 10:16 AM
nemick
Road Warrior

+1 on the FuelMoto package. It is a significant improvement on my '09 Ultra. Definitely an easy and beneficial upgrade. In the past I have used the SEST, etc and although just as good, I much prefer the lower cost and the fact that the PCV is not permanently mated to just one bike.

Quick Reply: Fuelmoto package for 09 Ultra Classic