Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAL-1 Bright @ss Tailights

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 03:53 PM
ssihogdog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RDM
For you guys that have installed one of these - how was the fit compared to the original stock lense? I put one of these on my FLHX and it didn't fit as well as the stock one. It fit nicely on one side but about half way across the top and down the other side was a fairly substantial ridge. They tell me this is an oem lense but it sure didn't fit like one. Maybe I just got a bad one.

Did you notice any difference in fit?
No issues with fit, perfect on FLHTCU and XL1200C. Only change I made on the Sporty was that I carefully removed the stock gasket and used it in lieu of the the supplied gasket, didn't think the supplied gasket gave it enough protection from elements.

Love the lights! Run the quick flash followed by steady on both bikes.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:10 PM
gmurdock
Tourer

I love mine on my 09 Street Glide. Don't know what setting it is on? I have it blink all the time the brake is on.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:19 PM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine fits perfectly. I found it an excellent fit and had no issues with installation. I do have an FLHX.

I would check with the Vendor themselves. Let them know your issue. Also...check the area where the assembly mounts too...maybe there's an irregularity there!

Let us know what ya find!

Ride Safe, Mike

Old 03-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 856 Likes on 297 Posts

Mine fit perfect. I used the supplied gasket. It is different then the stock one on the original.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:49 PM
ToddRx
Intermediate

I can't figure out which one of these I am supposed to buy? Do I get the all red lens or one with the "tag light" clear section on top? My existing lens is all red...what does that clear section do? Btw, I have an 08 SG

Old 03-20-2009, 11:33 PM
karz10
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ToddRx
I can't figure out which one of these I am supposed to buy? Do I get the all red lens or one with the "tag light" clear section on top? My existing lens is all red...what does that clear section do? Btw, I have an 08 SG
I'm pretty sure if it has a clear spot at the top, that's for the models that have the license plate (tag) above the taillight, so the license plate is properly illuminated by the taillight...

The solid red ones will be if you have a license plate below, illuminated by another light.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 856 Likes on 297 Posts

Yep, all red is what you need on a SG.

Originally Posted by karz10
I'm pretty sure if it has a clear spot at the top, that's for the models that have the license plate (tag) above the taillight, so the license plate is properly illuminated by the taillight...

The solid red ones will be if you have a license plate below, illuminated by another light.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:46 AM
DeckerDude
Road Master

I got one in Daytona...works great !!

Old 03-21-2009, 11:54 AM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just finished installing mine and WOW!!!!!

My scoot was in the garage (butt facing out into the sun) and, as usual, the fellow oldphart neighbors of mine (all cagers now but a few former bikers) were strolling over to chat and see what I was working on. When I started testing it out and setting the pattern that I preferred, guys were leaving and going to other oldphart neighbors telling them to "Come look what Steve just put on his Harley."

Ended up with 7 or 8 of them telling me what pattern they liked best but ALL of them agreeing that's one BRIGHT @SS LIGHT!!!! Well worth the price and a super easy install.

ETA: Forgot to mention OPs and others thoughts/questions.

- Scoot is an '07 Road King.
- Supplied gasket fit just fine for me so I'm going to try it out (for a while anyway) but the stock gasket actually is a much better item. We'll see...
- Settled on the 2 fast flashes and then solid on mode
- Set intensity to the brightest setting (naturally )

Also forgot to tell a funny story. The last oldphart to arrive wanted to see a demo too so I told him to step back a few feet from the bike and watch. The rest of us were up by the scoot and were watching him.

Well, he was wearing a pair of white tennis shorts and when I grabbed a handful of brake lever, it was like someone shined a red spotlight on his pecker. I guess we all looked down at the same time and he looked down and grabbed his package like someone had kicked him in the crotch. It was hilarious.

Last edited by RangeRat; 03-21-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:00 PM
ToddRx
Intermediate

Put in the order last night...thanks for the input!!