Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Chrome Stuff On Sale!! **Pictures**

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 09:26 AM
AaronOregon
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To answer the questions about better pictures.......has anyone ever tried taking a picture of chrome close up? It's like looking at a busy New York street in it. It's very hard to get good true pictures that show the individual piece because everything in the engine compartment is reflecting off of it. As far as the 3M tape goes.........we ran them all last summer and when we went to take one off to take to our manufacture a few weeks ago, we ended up bending it all to hell prying it off because it sticks so good. You won't have any issues with the tape. The back plate below has the hole in it for a cruise-control.

Aaron

Last edited by AaronOregon; 03-20-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:16 AM
tgarrett1
Cruiser

rlyons,
Let us know if it fits I have a '99 RK thinking about getin one just don't know about fitment...

Old 03-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

I think that the new pics help out a lot..Looking Good

Old 03-20-2009, 09:51 PM
King Crimson
Tourer

Originally Posted by AaronOregon
To answer the questions about better pictures.......has anyone ever tried taking a picture of chrome close up? It's like looking at a busy New York street in it. It's very hard to get good true pictures that show the individual piece because everything in the engine compartment is reflecting off of it. As far as the 3M tape goes.........we ran them all last summer and when we went to take one off to take to our manufacture a few weeks ago, we ended up bending it all to hell prying it off because it sticks so good. You won't have any issues with the tape. The back plate below has the hole in it for a cruise-control.

Aaron

Just a suggestion, the chrome plate looks like it covers part of the frame on the side. I would prefer it to not cover the frame at all since it's being held by double sided tape anyway.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:23 AM
AaronOregon
Former Sponsor

Like stated in post #15 it wraps around the frame a little, to hide the welds running down them. It didn't look right running down beside the welds.

Aaron

Old 03-21-2009, 10:34 AM
kwb377
Tourer
Thumbs up

Just ordered a frame cover...had looked at the Kuryakyn version, but I don't care for their chrome (has a "bluish" tint to me)...price is right too.

I started to order the coil cover, too...but then noticed that the cheesy stock fuel crossover would stick out and have to be replaced, then the stock tank mounting bolts would have to be replaced with chrome to match...damn OCD costs me too much $$$$.

Last edited by kwb377; 03-21-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:50 PM
AaronOregon
Former Sponsor

Thanks guys for the interest and all the orders. All backplate covers and coil covers will go out Monday afternoon UPS Ground. You will get a confirmation email from UPS with tracking info. We still have a lot left!

Aaron

Old 03-22-2009, 02:39 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

It seems to me the chrome frame cover should reflect, instead of absorb, the heat from the motor, so you have something that not only improves the looks, but is a functional addition as well.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:09 AM
King Crimson
Tourer

Originally Posted by mike5511
It seems to me the chrome frame cover should reflect, instead of absorb, the heat from the motor, so you have something that not only improves the looks, but is a functional addition as well.
Interesting theory.....hhhhmmm....?

Old 03-25-2009, 06:58 PM
rlyons
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AaronOregon
Got you covered rlyons! I've been trying to figure out what all frames years these will fit on. I see yours is a '98. Any input would be appreciated. I'm thinking it's the same frame design on these touring bikes from like 97-08? Is that right? Anyone? Thanks.

Aaron
Aaron,
I just received the item today and it fits perfectly on the 98 frame. Looks great but I tried to get pictures and all I could get was a reflection of my starter because it acts as a mirror. It will be good though when I put on my LEDs. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: New Chrome Stuff On Sale!! **Pictures**