Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pack Spoiler Wire Hookup info!!!! Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 11:22 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts
Question Tour Pack Spoiler Wire Hookup info!!!! Help!!!

Hello HDFers...

I picked up a used Spoiler with NO plug,SO I have a Black wire( I think Ground?), a Blue wire?? and a Red/Yellow wire any ideas/info would be GREAT!!! Thanks in advance for any/all HELP!!! R.W.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Black=ground; Blue=Run light; and, red/yellow=Brake light.

If your tour pak has lights, you can splice the spoiler wires to the existing wires in the TP. Alternatively, the spoiler light came originially with a four-place Deutsch connector to connect to the Accessory connector under the seat. You could purchase the connector and pins/sockets to add to what you have to wire it per the HD instructions. When I added the spoiler to my lighted TP, I simply spliced the wires in the TP.

If your TP has no lights, and it's not a Street Glide, you could also use the TP wiring harness that's already on your bike if it's and Electra Glide or Road Glide--Road Kings don't have the TP harness. That's a three-wire AMP connector and you can buy the connector and pins/sockets from HD.

Good luck with your project.