Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Horn, Feedback Requested

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 07:43 PM
smokeygold
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the BJ'S Specialties air horns and by far they were the worst product that I had ever put on my bike. I had them installed at Laconia and they didn't work within 1 month of install. Went up the next year and the guy blew compressed air in to clear out trumpet. 1 month later junk again. Back to stock cow bell!

Old 05-18-2009, 08:06 PM
rhaneski
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the mini beast price is reasonable, install simple

Old 05-18-2009, 08:17 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
I'm considering throwing on an air horn to start this year out. I've heard good things about the mini-beast, and some about HD's unit. With all the crazzies out there, as well as critters hanging around the roads, I'm wondering what others have used, what they like/don't like. I'm requesting some comments on the best direction to go for this option. Pictures of your choice would certainly be appreciated. Thanks in advance....
The Mini Beast rocks! Saved my *** a couple times recently. They can even hear it when they're on a cell phone!!!

Old 05-19-2009, 01:21 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

i found the mini beast at pep boys for 49 bux, and for 34 at harbor freight. same item. now how and where to install it, it's not gonna fit under the cowbell, and that might give me the incentive to build a replica cowbell, only larger that a mini beast would fit behind. cause the cowbell is a harley tradition, right? too much to think about this late at nite. any ideas as to how or where to mount the mini beast would be helpful, just as long as it's not butt ugly.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:39 AM
MrDoo
Advanced

Someone mentioned the air horns that go behind the saddle bags. I saw these at a Quaker Steak and Lube bike night in Dayton Ohio. He had a set behind each bag, they were loud as hell, sounded like a train. I don't know if he bought them online, or if they were a custom job. What I liked about them was they had full length trumpets, but since they were behind the bags, didn't mess up the look of the bike.

Only thing I was wondering, and someone mentioned this already, is with the horns hidden, and not facing forward, would a person 20 feet in front of you even be able to hear them?

Old 05-19-2009, 02:59 PM
mphamrick
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robandlyn that was a good post I can see now that if I purchase an air horn it will be the mini beast.....

Old 05-19-2009, 03:12 PM
rc9636
Cruiser

I've had the Rivco on the wifes EGC for about 10 years now. Is plenty loud but requires periodic mtce to clean and lube horns, and have had to replace rubber hoses due to dry rott, and covers that came loose and flew off. I've had the Mini-Beast for about 5 years and have not had to do anything to it except transfer it to my new bike last year. My wife has no problems hearing me when I use it even if she's a 100 ft ahead of me. Did stick an emblem on it to break up the big flat chrome area.

Last edited by rc9636; 05-19-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:49 PM
HDUltraRider
Banned

Originally Posted by rc9636
I've had the Rivco on the wifes EGC for about 10 years now. Is plenty loud but requires periodic mtce to clean and lube horns, and have had to replace rubber hoses due to dry rott, and covers that came loose and flew off. I've had the Mini-Beast for about 5 years and have not had to do anything to it except transfer it to my new bike last year. My wife has no problems hearing me when I use it even if she's a 100 ft ahead of me. Did stick an emblem on it to break up the big flat chrome area.

Anyone looking for the Rivco Air Horns I carry the full line and with your 10% forum discount (coupon HF10) and free shipping I think it is one of the best prices you will find. Check them out

http://shop.techncyclegear.com/categ...?categoryId=52

Old 12-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Gman01904
Novice

I have an 02 Heritage Springer and the horn s#@$%ks so I found this site and bought a single trumpet horn for about $80...sounds great! The mounting was a bit of a challenge with a custom bracket but great for the $

Old 12-10-2009, 09:05 AM
Gman01904
Novice

Sorry....forgot the site...here it is http://www.assuredautomotiveproducts...?categoryId=18

Quick Reply: Air Horn, Feedback Requested