Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Horn, Feedback Requested

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 05:41 PM
jamesrgarner
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I first started looking at airhorns I was thinking about a Stebel Nautilus but then saw one on a bike and didn't like the way it looked. Even though I didn't really like the looks of the mini-beast it was extremely loud so I put one on my RKC; that I've subsequently sold to one of my riding buddies. I've now got a new bike with a stock horn that will be replaced; it looks like I'll go with the new version of the mini-beast - at least it looks a lot better and I know how loud they are and how easy the first one was to install.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:50 PM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 477 Likes on 328 Posts

Had the Mini Beast on my old bike and waited for the Mini Beast II for my Ultra.
I really like it so far. They will get a cages attention but NONE will keep a Semi from coming into your lane...trust me!

Old 03-17-2009, 05:55 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

took my minibeast off my 05 before I traded and put it on my 09. I like it a lot!

Old 03-17-2009, 05:59 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

I used a set of Revco air horns. I made an L shaped bracket out of 3/16 aluminum and mounted themunder the left floorboard. I used the front 2 bolts of the jiffy stand for the mount. Been happy with mine for the past year or so.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Thor
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've heard the Howards Horns...they do sound like a Mack truck
I like the styling, and the sound. It is on my short-list of purchases this summer...(probably my next purchase actually...

Originally Posted by HarleyWood
I tried two different brands when I had the Heritage. They were loud as hell, but the only people that heard them were me and the folks behind me. I was 30' behind a buddy and he could not hear me on his bike.

The last one was a Howards Horn, its setting in a box in the garage.
If you decide to sell anytime soon, I'd be interested

Old 03-17-2009, 06:29 PM
hogginit
Road Captain

Don't remember where I saw them, but I'm leaning towards the air horns that mount behind the right sadlebag. Anyone?

Old 03-17-2009, 06:33 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hogginit
Don't remember where I saw them, but I'm leaning towards the air horns that mount behind the right sadlebag. Anyone?
If you're talking about the Kuryakyn horns, they aren't air horns. They look like air horns and the advertising is mis-leading.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:42 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, lots of information. Thanks to all, and to GMC, great photo, very much appreciated. And to Karz10, many thanks for the info, links, etc. I'll try and find your fog lamp post and add what I can to it... I'm going to have to sort through all this, but it's exactly what I was looking for. Lot's of differing opinions, pros and cons, and some photos, links, and valuable information. This is what I love about this Forum.. Still open, but lots of food for thought. Thanks again....

Old 03-17-2009, 06:46 PM
The Old Man
Road Master

I have the Metal Arts magnum horn. IT IS LOUD!! IT is pricey at $180.00 as it has the WOLO horn, comes with relys but HD's don't need it. Simple install. You are playin for a very nice horn cover and mount. Iw ould buy it again. Looks great.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:48 PM
tugdrivinj
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hogginit
they are on a site called eglidegoodies.com
they have pretty good service from what my brother led me to believe. i think he got his airhorns from them too. not the hidden ones but loud as hell.
when i find out which horns he got i'll update

Quick Reply: Air Horn, Feedback Requested