Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deal offered to Dealer, lets see

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 03:27 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by Bushy
I just offered a deal on a 09 Screaming Eagle to my dealer... My 07 ultra and $15,000 which brings it to about $33,000. I think its fair... he looked puzzled.. good busniess in my book, repeat buyer and all
By the Way the SE is Blue black and Silver
i wouldn't get all prepped up for the se just yet. according to kelley blue book, the trade in value on your ultra is less than 13,000. add to that the 15,000 cash, and you're looking at 28,000. you probably couldn't get near that for otd on a se edition.

my .02 anyway.

Attached Thumbnails Deal offered to Dealer, lets see-kbb.jpg  
Old 03-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 177 Posts

Nothing against your bike but I seriously doubt it will happen for that price.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:45 PM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the dealer wants to move his stock! He will Deal...NEVER, EVER FORGET THAT! It seves them no good to have the same bikes on the floor. customers notice, MOCO notices! they need to move...you'd be surprised at what dealers will do to keep their floors fresh! Even for an SE!

Ride Safe, Mike

Old 03-17-2009, 03:57 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetGlideMedic
If the dealer wants to move his stock! He will Deal...NEVER, EVER FORGET THAT! It seves them no good to have the same bikes on the floor. customers notice, MOCO notices! they need to move...you'd be surprised at what dealers will do to keep their floors fresh! Even for an SE!
Seems like some of the dealers in my neck of the woods have forgotten this and have also forgotten that the US is in one of the worst recessions (nearly depression from some reports I've read) since the 1940's. They've had the same bikes sitting on their showroom floors for months on end. They have lots of lookers but not that many willing to pull the trigger. The SE market is even more dead, with the exception of the SE RG, the rest of the SE bikes have been sitting there since Oct/Nov 08.

In that same time frame, I had offered them $28k for an '08 SE Road King, even knowing about all the changes on the '09 touring bikes and they still sent me packing; would not take a penny under $30k w/ taxes. I just couldnt justify it and walked.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:07 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Clint55
Out of curiosity, what's the MSRP on the 09 SE?

$35874 including freight, without taxes, registration.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:56 PM
aeronautic1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Nations Largest Harley Dealer

Originally Posted by StreetGlideMedic

Ride Safe, Mike
I went to the nations largest Harley dealer in Fort Lauderdale last week and offered $1500 over dealer net, cash-quick-sale, for an 09 CU. The sales guy looked at me like I was from Mars ("we're a full MSRP ++ dealership"). Didn't even take my offer to the sales manager for a counter. I guess there are people lined up at the door, in this economy, buying CUs. Hey H-D, how's that $300 million loan from W. Buffet, @ 15% going?

Old 03-17-2009, 05:32 PM
sortasuave
Tourer

Originally Posted by aeronautic1
I went to the nations largest Harley dealer in Fort Lauderdale last week and offered $1500 over dealer net, cash-quick-sale, for an 09 CU. The sales guy looked at me like I was from Mars ("we're a full MSRP ++ dealership"). Didn't even take my offer to the sales manager for a counter. I guess there are people lined up at the door, in this economy, buying CUs. Hey H-D, how's that $300 million loan from W. Buffet, @ 15% going?
You started that one on a downward slope.... Good ole Bruce is well known for adding parts to his bikes and selling them at way over MSRP. If you want to do a deal like that, you'll have to shop somewhere else.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bushy
I just offered a deal on a 09 Screaming Eagle to my dealer... My 07 ultra and $15,000 which brings it to about $33,000. I think its fair... he looked puzzled.. good busniess in my book, repeat buyer and all
By the Way the SE is Blue black and Silver
The dealer might come down some on the MSRP for the SE. Probably more profit margin there than on regular bikes. But even if they came down to the $33K, there's not much chance of them alowing $18K on trade for an 07 Ultra.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:43 PM
ssihogdog
Road Captain

Originally Posted by sortasuave
You started that one on a downward slope.... Good ole Bruce is well known for adding parts to his bikes and selling them at way over MSRP. If you want to do a deal like that, you'll have to shop somewhere else.
I swear I saw gold on them somewhere during Bikeweek at his Ormond Beach store...., that's what the prices reflected anyway.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck, keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Deal offered to Dealer, lets see