Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cycle Schack slip-ons?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Rubbit
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cycle Schack slip-ons?

Anybody running the Cycle Schack slip-ons on a touring bike? What do you think, sound quality and performance. Dealer recommended those if i was not sold on the Screaming Eagles that im looking at. Thanks.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:38 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Not running the Cycle Shack slipons. I went with the Jackpots instead but I did find it interesting that when I went into my dealer to check pipes and listen to different ones they had put Rush slipons on everything in sight. Even the new 09s. I asked why and they said "the Rush and the SE slipons are the only ones that don't require a SERT or ECM flash and the Rush sound better."

Don't kill me I am just repeating what the dealer said. I just thought it was interesting that they recommeneded Rush over HD SEs.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:07 PM
FastBagger07
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubbit
Anybody running the Cycle Schack slip-ons on a touring bike? What do you think, sound quality and performance. Dealer recommended those if i was not sold on the Screaming Eagles that im looking at. Thanks.
Call Frank@DragosBikeWorks 1-815-765-1790 he can answer all your questions on Cycle Shack Pipes .He can probably get you some fairly reasonable prices too.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:46 PM
CHGO5OH
Tourer

Originally Posted by Rubbit
I really love mine. Not loud at idle and when you give it throttle they sound great! I didnt want loud slip-ons anyway. I had the sales guy take me in the back with all the bikes and start different ones and the cycle shacks stood out. You wont be disappointed with the sound and price. I'm sure they have one in the back with cycle shacks on. Make sure it's a 09 cause my uncle has a 01 RK and they sound totaly different.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Roaddog359
Cruiser

I have cycle shack slip on on my 2009. they are reasonably priced and I have seen dyno or various muffler changes and the cycle shack had the best numbers. They are deep and throaty enough and do not sound tinny. I think the rush are tinny sounding IMHO. Cycle shack also has a new 2009 head pipe for the duel muffles that goes under the frame like the stock one. I have heard they are getting good numbers out of that as well.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:21 PM
ballpeen
Tourer

We have the Cycle Shack 3 in. touring mufflers part number MDH-292 they have a stainless steel baffel, the MDH-291 touring mufflers do not. I replaced the 2'" Rushs', they were just to loud for us. These have a very nice deep rumble at idle, . Bought ours at www.denniskirk.com for $289.00 shipped. Hope this helps... Tim

Old 03-18-2009, 10:49 PM
CHGO5OH
Tourer

Originally Posted by ballpeen
We have the Cycle Shack 3 in. touring mufflers part number MDH-292 they have a stainless steel baffel, the MDH-291 touring mufflers do not. I replaced the 2'" Rushs', they were just to loud for us. These have a very nice deep rumble at idle, . Bought ours at www.denniskirk.com for $289.00 shipped. Hope this helps... Tim
I forgot about the baffles. Those are the ones I have.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:01 PM
BigD64
Tourer

My bro's got cycleshacks on his bike he hates them. Sound a bit tinny. He just ordered the V&H basic Slips.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:11 PM
Sarg
Advanced
Wink

Cycle Shack use to make the SE pipes for Harley, don't anymore, Had some on my FXDC when I had it, Great Pipes and excellent Finish. For the price you can't beat them. I put the V&H on my 08 Ultra and I'm very happy with the sound and finish. Not too loud and can hear the Radio very well and Highway Speed.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Rubbit
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JustDennis
Not running the Cycle Shack slipons. I went with the Jackpots instead but I did find it interesting that when I went into my dealer to check pipes and listen to different ones they had put Rush slipons on everything in sight. Even the new 09s. I asked why and they said "the Rush and the SE slipons are the only ones that don't require a SERT or ECM flash and the Rush sound better."

Don't kill me I am just repeating what the dealer said. I just thought it was interesting that they recommeneded Rush over HD SEs.
The dealer kind of told me the same thing. If i am just doing the slip ons no need for remap, but once i did the air filter, would definitley need the download. Thanks for all the replies.