Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Jiffy Stand Bracket issue/fix

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Lass7711
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine has the 10/08 build date, but according to the bulletin, it has the correct part. The only time I've had a problem with the lean angle was when my left foot slipped on wet concrete and the stand wasn't down.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:15 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for posting that. My dealer hadn't even heard of the issue here in Japan, but he has now

Old 03-21-2009, 07:22 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Here's a few photos of the brackets and a way to tell which one you have on your bike.

The incorrect bracket measures 7/8" and the new improved bracket measures 1" long. This may be hard to tell or measure unless you pull your side stand off and get to the bracket itself to measure. Certainly by "eyeballing" it is going to be too difficult to tell, because we're only talking 1/8" difference here. But the fact is, that extra 1/8" helps the bike not to lean as far as it did with the wrong bracket.

Old on left, - New on right
-

The measurement is from the back edge of the bracket to where the elongated hole begins.
This is the newer 50096-09 and measure 1" as shown.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:50 AM
steveultra08
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Twinrider
They're only not perfect because H-D used the '08 side stand on some of them
Come on guys stop poking me with sticks, I can't take it anymore, I'm gonna take my toys and go home.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:01 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Is there a fix if the RIDER of an '09 leans too far to the left???

Recall? TSB?? Counseling? Surgery?

Old 08-20-2009, 11:25 PM
myred55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The manufacture date on my Ultra is 09/08. Went to the dealer to get the bracket replaced, they pulled my VIN number up on their computer and told me that my bike is not a candidate for bracket replacement. Now I don't know what to think.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:08 AM
captharley
Cruiser

Had mine done about a month ago-- makes a real big difference!!

Old 10-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
I've been getting several PM's on the 09 touring jiffy bracket issue some are experiencing. It is not a recall, HD only will fix if somebody complains. Here is the info

Check your build date on the bike. On the right front side of the frame, the VIN number is stamped into the frame. Several inches below that is a black sticker that has the VIN as well. Above that VIN is the month and year of mfg on the same label. If build date is 10/08 or earlier and if you feel your bike leans over too far while on the jiffy stand, then you can call HD Customer Service and tell them. Customer Service will give you a reference number to give to your dealer and have it replaced under warranty. It is not a recall or anything, but if folks complain about it, then they'll fix it. The new pn# is 50096-09 and HD Customer Service number is 414-343-4056. In the picture, the one on the left is the wrong one, the one on the right is the newer one.
I don't know if it's true about no recall, I was at my Dealer getting the tire cupping issue taken care of when he told me there was a recall on my Jiffy Stand. He replaced it on the spot! Also replaced both my front and rear tires under warranty. I have a good Dealer!!!!

Old 11-09-2009, 11:00 AM
PTAG
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronp42
I don't know if it's true about no recall, I was at my Dealer getting the tire cupping issue taken care of when he told me there was a recall on my Jiffy Stand. He replaced it on the spot! Also replaced both my front and rear tires under warranty. I have a good Dealer!!!!
I just called Harley on mine and it's a service bulletin not a recall. She said I didn't have to called. The dealer would have done it without a service number from Harley.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:53 PM
keltonkrew
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by myred55
The manufacture date on my Ultra is 09/08. Went to the dealer to get the bracket replaced, they pulled my VIN number up on their computer and told me that my bike is not a candidate for bracket replacement. Now I don't know what to think.
Mine told me the same thing. since it's not a recall it's not going to. I called HD customer service and while I was on the phone, they called the dealer, then put the dealer on the phone with me and it was all taken care of.

Quick Reply: 09 Jiffy Stand Bracket issue/fix