Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it jelousy? or envy...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 04:15 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it jelousy? or envy...

OK folks, I have owned my 07 StreetGlide for 2 years now
and having a Harley comes with a bit of baggage (pardon the phun).. seems where ever I am at, work or otherwise
I get the Jelousy sneers or comments like Hardly Ableson
or something of that sort... guess the people I was around was family and co-workers.. Havent really been around "other people with harleys, or for that mater bikes in general" apposed to a young friend of my son's who has a Rocker C.. and not around there much... Mostly at work
whom all get the Idea I'm wealthy because I have a Harley... It even goes as far as my boss whom will not let me park it in the shop.. (20 bay shop and plenty of room)
I think it's just down right JELOUSY.. I didn't get this from people when I had my 1972 SS El camino All I got were thumbs up and all praise.. ( I miss the streetrod )

So my question is, should I ignore is, or just write them off
(not family of course) but the Smaat Aesses.. and just find new crowds... I love my glide and it's with me till i die...

Old 03-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Road Head
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't understand why you GAF. Tell'em to kiss your ****!

Old 03-16-2009, 04:21 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetGlider56
OK folks, I have owned my 07 StreetGlide for 2 years now
and having a Harley comes with a bit of baggage (pardon the phun).. seems where ever I am at, work or otherwise
I get the Jelousy sneers or comments like Hardly Ableson
or something of that sort... guess the people I was around was family and co-workers.. Havent really been around "other people with harleys, or for that mater bikes in general" apposed to a young friend of my son's who has a Rocker C.. and not around there much... Mostly at work
whom all get the Idea I'm wealthy because I have a Harley... It even goes as far as my boss whom will not let me park it in the shop.. (20 bay shop and plenty of room)
I think it's just down right JELOUSY.. I didn't get this from people when I had my 1972 SS El camino All I got were thumbs up and all praise.. ( I miss the streetrod )

So my question is, should I ignore is, or just write them off
(not family of course) but the Smaat Aesses.. and just find new crowds... I love my glide and it's with me till i die...
Street rodders are azzholes too believe me... Im happy to be out of the street rod game and back into bikes. I can ride my bike anytime i want and done need any specialty insurance. I sold my last 32 ford last November and i got luck cause i didnt know i was gonna get layed off permanently and the really nice part is i dont ever have to look at my identical twin brother the wanna be street rodder ever again .... Just ride and gorget the others ..

Old 03-16-2009, 04:27 PM
hell yes
Tourer

Envey maybe, economic,s yes these pup,s do not come cheap.stigma that with any purchase of a rolex watch .High water mark in life,,,Let them drool.....

Old 03-16-2009, 04:36 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

So, does anyone else park their vehicle in the shop? If you drove a car or truck or Hot Rod would you park it in the shop?

Old 03-16-2009, 04:57 PM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If people want to be ******, that's their perogative. Many of us get the same comments, I find most to be from envious people (wife won't let them get a bike, they are scared to learn how to ride, they can't afford another monthly payment or won't save up the cash for a outight purchase, etc.)

I say that's their problem. Enjoy what you have. If he doesn't want you parking in his shop, then don't. When you leave at the end of the day, give him a nod and a smirk as you ride past him as he walks out to his driving cage. It will burn him up each time you do it.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most people are jealous that us why they talk trash. I let it go in one ear and out the other.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:48 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe a little of both... Just find some folks that really want to ride, to be around bikes, and it'll all work out well. I had similar kinds of problems. Just forget about em, and move on. Enjoy your ride, meet new folks, and hit a bike night or a HOG meeting at your local chapter, and it'll all work out.....Actually I ended up hooking up with mostly NON-harley riders. Because they want to ride, ride, ride. Not go to the local, pound a few down, ride to then next bar, pound a few down, etc.... If not that they (Harley riders) didn't want to got too far. A round trip of 200 miles was all they wanted on a Saturday or Sunday. I'm more into 3-500 mile days, with a nice lunch, and a couple of water breaks....You'll connect with who fits you best.. It has a way of working out.... Oh, and charity runs can always be fruitful for meeting folks that enjoy riding.....

Old 03-16-2009, 05:59 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd let it go in one ear and out the other. They'll come around someday if not no great loss but at least you'll have your dignity for being polite.

I was also wondering about the garage at work. Does everyone get to park in there? If not I'd let that slide also.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:06 PM
StreetGlidinFreak
Cruiser

Alot of it is jealousy. I know back when I had the VTX, I gave all my buddies that had Harleys grief about getting to the same place as they did for less than half the price............. of course then I would tell them as soon as I can I WILL have one too......... a couple of years later and I am one of the people catching the grief from the jap bike owners....... I just smile because I know it has come full circle for me, LOL I know as soon as a friend let me ride his Ultra, I was hooked on getting a touring and that was all there was to it. Wasn't too long and there I was signing the papers for her.......Just my two cents.........

Last edited by StreetGlidinFreak; 03-17-2009 at 05:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Is it jelousy? or envy...