Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Have A Corbin Seat on an 09?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 10:47 PM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone Have A Corbin Seat on an 09?

I am thinking about ordering a Corbin dual touring seat for my Ultra this week. Does anyone have one on theirs yet?

I'm wondering how it sits in comparison to the original? I have a Tallboy seat on my bike now, and I like the position it puts the rider in. It moves you back 2" from stock.

I'd like to have the same position on the Corbin, so I want to know how to tell them to modify it.

I know in the past it moved you back and down a bit, but according to their website they redesigned the seat for 09, so I'd like to have some firsthand experience before I order.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:40 PM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior

C'mon, someone's bound to have a Corbin on an 09?

Old 03-15-2009, 04:21 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I don't but I just ordered a Corbin solo and pillion for my FLHRS and I think if you call them and tell them what you want that they should be able to take care of it or tell you they can't. You will probably do better and find out quicker by talking directly with them.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:55 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i have one, is a bit lower and a bit back.. but not by much

Old 03-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Veritgo,

Is that a Corbin solo with added pillion?

Old 03-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Open Road
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had a Corbin Classic Solo close reach heated put on Terrie's 09 SG (see the photos).

If you're going to make your tour pack quick release (a lof of Ultra Classic riders are doing that now), you might want to consider a Corbin Classic Solo with p-pad. The p-pad is very large and when mounted looks very similar to the dual tourer. But when riding alone you can quickly remove the p-pad (see photos of my Screamin Eagle Electra Glide).

**Edit** after typing this then uploading the photos I just realized that I don't have any photos that show the p-pad or Corbin backrest (she'll really love that back rest!) but if you're interested, send me a private message and I'll get some photos snapped for you. No problem, they're on the bike right now.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone Have A Corbin Seat on an 09?-sg-modifications-1.27.09-016.jpg   Anyone Have A Corbin Seat on an 09?-sg-changes-001.jpg   Anyone Have A Corbin Seat on an 09?-golden-gate-cvos.jpg  
Old 03-15-2009, 08:22 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Arizona
Veritgo,

Is that a Corbin solo with added pillion?
Yes it is a Corbin solo with the added pillion.

Guessed I missed the dual touring part of the question, even tho I read it twice.
The dual touring seat from corbin looks ok, but wanted the ability to pop off the passenger pillion as needed.

Last edited by vertigo14; 03-15-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:34 PM
RSDUDA
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the doul tour on my 09 street glide (heated !!!!) I think it is taller then stock but I like it
RD

Old 03-16-2009, 06:42 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IN most cases Corbin seats will lower you about an inch and set you back about an inch. Call them and they can tell you for sure and they may be able to modify it to your liking.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:04 PM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Peppa1
IN most cases Corbin seats will lower you about an inch and set you back about an inch. Call them and they can tell you for sure and they may be able to modify it to your liking.
That's what I always thought too. I called the Corbin factory in CA last Friday and spoke to a woman who couldn't tell me the riders' position on the new seats as compared to stock, which is why I asked the question in this forum.

So I called back today and the experience was even worse. All the person could do was read the website info, which I already had. I then remembered someone posting a while back that Sergio in the FL store was extremely helpful. I called him and he was able to help me order the seat. He took the time take several measurements of the stock Corbin seat and gave me enough info to make an educated guess. I can always have it reworked if it doesn't fit, but I have to pay shipping. They quoted a 5 week production time, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.