Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supplemental 12v Power Point

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009 | 04:32 PM
CruzN
|
Road Master
Post Supplemental 12v Power Point

Supplemental 12v Power Point

Easy to install power point allows an additional 12 volt power source for electrical accessories powered by a cigarette lighter type socket. Features a water-resistant cover with laser-etched Bar & Shield logo.

91843-97

Has anyone bought this accessory ?
I have an FLHT Standard and was wondering where you installed it.
Do you have the installation instructions that came with it and could someone possible email me those.

Thanks

Old 03-14-2009 | 04:39 PM
MickeyB
Intermediate

I bought one of these, but must confess I just wanted the molex plug and wire leads to hard wire in my gps using the accesory switch on the fairing. When I bought the kit, I think the included instructions said the plug went into the sidecover? But, I think you could make a bracket or mount it in anything you are willing to drill a hole in!

Mike

Sorry, I tossed the instructions....

Old 03-14-2009 | 04:50 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member

http://www.powerletproducts.com/products.php?mid=1
Dont like drilling if i dont have to.

Old 03-14-2009 | 06:15 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member

I have the supplemental power point and it's very handy. I mounted mine on the right side cover as suggested by the instructions. Easy to install, although a bit scary putting a drill to the cover! It's especially handy to charge my cellphone and laptop while on the road. I just run the charger from the right saddlebag and tuck the cord under the seat. Pretty useful accessory and the cover makes it waterproof and inconspicuous...

Old 03-14-2009 | 06:46 PM
CruzN
|
Road Master
Default Pictures ?

Originally Posted by Pastor John
I have the supplemental power point and it's very handy. I mounted mine on the right side cover as suggested by the instructions. Easy to install, although a bit scary putting a drill to the cover! It's especially handy to charge my cellphone and laptop while on the road. I just run the charger from the right saddlebag and tuck the cord under the seat. Pretty useful accessory and the cover makes it waterproof and inconspicuous...
Do you have a picture of the installed product ?

Old 03-14-2009 | 08:11 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member

I've done the same as Pastor John, installed it on the right side cover. Here are a couple of photos. Installation took less than 10 minutes, once I got up the nerve to cut a hole in a side cover.

Attached Thumbnails Supplemental 12v Power Point-dscn0848.jpg   Supplemental 12v Power Point-dscn0847.jpg   Supplemental 12v Power Point-dscn0846.jpg  
Old 03-14-2009 | 08:46 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks, DGlide - that's exactly what mine looks like. On my '08 non-ABS there is plenty of room under the side cover and it's an easy install.

Old 03-14-2009 | 09:06 PM
CruzN
|
Road Master

Thank you all for your input. I looked at the installation page on this and it says it's for 94 and later 'carburated' FLHT's. I have an '09' so I'm not sure it will work, I'll have to take the covers off and check for clearance.

Old 03-14-2009 | 09:26 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member

some have run the wires inside the travel pack keeps it out of way can charge while riding and stays dry

Old 03-15-2009 | 02:46 AM
CHGO5OH
Tourer

Originally Posted by rocknrod
http://www.powerletproducts.com/products.php?mid=1
Dont like drilling if i dont have to.
Great site. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Supplemental 12v Power Point