Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Heritage Style" handlebar on RKC - An Oberservation

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009 | 11:04 AM
snopro2007
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the bars, but maybe again I am a short saw-off SOB so that might make a difference

Old 06-19-2009 | 03:53 PM
Potatobudvs
Intermediate

Thanks for the input, I think I'm going to give em a go.

Old 06-19-2009 | 06:54 PM
maddoggreene
Cruiser

That's the pic I've been waiting to see! Thanks wagsrk08!

Old 06-29-2009 | 11:36 PM
Potatobudvs
Intermediate
Smile

Originally Posted by Twinrider
I can't say what'll work for you but they made a big difference in comfort for me. I'm around 5'8" in my boots, 30" inseam and the additional 3" reach means I don't have to hunch forward anymore. The added leverage also make it easier to manuever the bike when doing u-turns.

The more leaned-back riding position has made me consider getting a rider backrest though!
Just got the handle bars. I did about 317 miles on it the other day and had little/no back pain. I noticed that with the new bars I tend to lean back which is what I believe cause the VERY minor back pain. I'm also thinking about getting a rider backrest to help fight this. OVERALL I LOVE THESE NEW BARS!!!!!!!!!!! Your also dead on with the u-turns comment

Old 06-30-2009 | 04:38 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Good to hear that the bars work for you. I was also considering getting a rider's backrest for the same reason but was ok on my last long trip so now I'm wondering if I might have gotten used to it. An RKC rider using Heritage bars told me he switched to an Ultra seat to get more back support and is very happy with the results. Here's a comparison pic he sent me.

Old 08-06-2009 | 06:52 PM
Andrei
6th Gear

I wanted to buy the Heritage handlebar but the HD official site says that doesn't fit the ABS equipped RoadKing.
Is there anybody who has ABS and installed this handlebar?

I am 5'8" and I really don't know what type of handlebar to choose.
The stock handlebar is too far for me. I need one which can be tilted towards me.

Last edited by Andrei; 08-06-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-01-2009 | 07:09 PM
Twilson166
Stage I
Question Troubleshooting

I just replaced my stock 09 Roadking Bars with the Heritage style bars, but now my cruise control light is flashing, and the check engine light is on. Does anyone know why, and how to fix that?

Old 10-02-2009 | 08:24 AM
Beefmaster
Advanced

This may be a little late but I had a 97 RK with Heritage bars and replaced them with a set bars made by Flander's handlebar company. I loved the wrist angle. I rode from TN to Stugis twice and never had any pain. We averaged 700 miles a day. Allot of people talk about Wild one bars. I think Flander's are just as good. My .02.

Beefmaster

Old 10-02-2009 | 10:22 AM
BlackFLHR
|
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Twilson166
I just replaced my stock 09 Roadking Bars with the Heritage style bars, but now my cruise control light is flashing, and the check engine light is on. Does anyone know why, and how to fix that?

Sounds to me like a pinched wire.

Old 10-02-2009 | 05:21 PM
patsfan
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Andrei
I wanted to buy the Heritage handlebar but the HD official site says that doesn't fit the ABS equipped RoadKing.
Is there anybody who has ABS and installed this handlebar?

I am 5'8" and I really don't know what type of handlebar to choose.
The stock handlebar is too far for me. I need one which can be tilted towards me.
The only reason it says that is because Harley has yet to come out with extended upper ABS lines. They are available, mines a Revtech I got from hdbikeparts(Johnny Vaughn)
You may be able to re-position the master fitting so the stock line fits, maybe someone who has done it, will chime in.

Quick Reply: "Heritage Style" handlebar on RKC - An Oberservation