Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Heritage Style" handlebar on RKC - An Oberservation

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009 | 07:17 PM
sparky_mo
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jomo924
i have an 03 RKC i am considering putting on the hd reduced reach bar ,,,,anyone used it yet??? whats the difference from stock to that????????? comments please
Here is a pic of my '07 with the reduced reach handlebar. Much more comfortable than stock. I have them pulled back as far as they will go. I did have a wire extension kit installed for them. Had them installed soon after I bought the bike. I would like to go with baby apes because I like the look but I can ride all day with the reduced reach bars with no wrist or back pain so I am hesitant to change.

Old 04-12-2009 | 10:22 PM
palmettosunshine
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

06 RKC with the 'heritage style' bars. I put these on when I bought the bike at the recommendation of my salesman at the dealer because the original owner had some funky, pull back bars that had my elbows in my chest and my wrists turned so far out that my hand went numb on the test ride. I love the bars but have been thinking of pullling them back towards me. After seeing some pics here I've noticed that mine are much more upright. I have experienced some shoulder pain and numbness in my left hand after riding about 50 miles today and I think I'm going to pull them back about an inch and see if that helps. Thank to all for posting pics.

Old 04-23-2009 | 07:49 AM
fatboy4447
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just put the heritage bars on my 09 roadking last weekend and have about 250 miles or so on them...and i love them...they are almost like mini apes. no more elbow pain and the wrist angle is good for me....it almost makes me wanna go higher

Old 04-23-2009 | 08:02 AM
keltonkrew
Road Master

mine will be here Saturday...can't wait to get them installed. hope it's pretty simple. I've read the manual several times prepping myself for the R&R of the bars! Now just gotta wait for my mustang solo seat to be here next Thursday!

Old 04-23-2009 | 11:29 AM
steelhead
Road Master

First off, the Heritage bars are what are used on the RK - Police bikes. My buddies bike has them and the few times I rode it I didn't notice any problems. They are certainly better than the stock (pre-08 or 09) RK bars. On my RKC, I considered them but went with the Chrome RK High Bars. I have gorilla arms so din't need to tilt them back at all and am quite satisfied. They are similar to a mini-ape and very comfortable for long rides. No changes to cables or lines needed. All in all I'm happy with them but then again I've only got about 15k miles on them so that may change once I ride some more with them

Old 04-24-2009 | 05:37 AM
KSGG
Cruiser

Actually the police bars are a different part # than the heritage. Just went through this a couple of weeks ago. The bars appear identical when you compare them side by side, but the police bars are about an inch shorter from end to end.
I went w/ the police bars, and once I got them in the right spot, no more pain between the shoulders.

Old 04-24-2009 | 11:46 AM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

i just put the heritage bars on my 09 roadking last weekend and have about 250 miles or so on them...and i love them...they are almost like mini apes. no more elbow pain and the wrist angle is good for me....it almost makes me wanna go higher
+1- My thoughts exactly.

I'll try to post a side profile of my 09 RKC with the Heritage Style bars later when I get a chance...

I'm 5'11 with long arms & these bars fit me PERFECT! I was very picky when I shopped for bars to replace the stock ones & tried 3 different types before ultimately choosing the Heritage Style bars (see my sig pic). I do have my bars angled slightly back towards me because I like to sit back when I ride. I've never noticed any "wrist issues" with me personally, never even crossed my mind for a second. I tried the RK High bars & to me they were too low & too much of a "wheel-barrel feel" to them with the way the grip area of the bars curve slightly in to the side. The Heritage Style bars are nice & high (have a mini-ape feel to them) & as someone else said you do feel like you want to go higher because you love the hand placement comfort so much. Your hands are out in front of you where they belong, not low & curved on angles like the stock bars. Only negatives I can think of is 1) You cannot internally wire them and 2) They should be made in chrome.

Old 04-24-2009 | 12:12 PM
DaltonHD
Cruiser

04 RC with RK high bars.

Old 04-24-2009 | 01:07 PM
gibby122
Road Captain

WO515, 10" Baby Apes. Thinking I want to go to 12", maybe next year. Hard to get myself to spend $ on another set of bars and cables when work good for me, I just feel like I could get even more comfort from taller bars.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...rk-custom.html

Old 04-27-2009 | 06:23 AM
keltonkrew
Road Master

Heritage style bars arrived Saturday and took me about 2 hours to put them on. easy install.

AllI can say is WOW...why don't these bikes come with these bars.....I can now sit comfortable while riding, arms are great, etc. Glad I put these on!

Quick Reply: "Heritage Style" handlebar on RKC - An Oberservation