Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Heritage Style" handlebar on RKC - An Oberservation

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009 | 01:29 PM
BlackFLHR
|
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Adacas
I found if the bars are too far forward that wrist angle is not good. Pulling them back is the answer.

Do you have these particular bars? If so, could you also post a profile pic of them installed?

Old 03-14-2009 | 02:00 PM
philthy51
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered my Baby apes today through stealer got 17% off, anyways I couldn't take the 518 I had on any longer, tried the heritage, was better that 518 but I think the baby apes will do the trick. If not they said I could return them, only thing I am losing is a lot of my time, but I will do a mock up before perminate install.

Old 03-14-2009 | 02:02 PM
BlackFLHR
|
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by philthy51
I just ordered my Baby apes today through stealer got 17% off, anyways I couldn't take the 518 I had on any longer, tried the heritage, was better that 518 but I think the baby apes will do the trick. If not they said I could return them, only thing I am losing is a lot of my time, but I will do a mock up before perminate install.

That's very unusual...being able to return handlebars to a dealership. My local dealers would just laugh at me. You must have an awesome dealership.

Old 03-14-2009 | 02:51 PM
rufusrufgut
Advanced

I have an 07 Roadking classic and am looking at getting new bars. I looked at the Heritage bars and new I wouldn't like them. After comparing the stock dimensions with the different chubbys dimensions the ones that I think will work for me are the 517's. Anybody using them?

Old 03-14-2009 | 03:42 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Once you pull the "Heritage bars" back, they look very odd on a RK. I did much research on this subject last year, even sat on a RK with the Heritage bars and did not like the look or feel of the bars. You either need a taller ape style, or more of a buckhorn style. I went with the Chrome RK high bars and they fit and feel perfect for me. Proper wrist angle and are made for the RK.

Old 03-14-2009 | 03:56 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I went with the Chrome RK high bars and they fit and feel perfect for me. Proper wrist angle and are made for the RK.
+1 on that. Heritage bars feel like I'm pushing my lawnmower.

Old 03-14-2009 | 04:32 PM
Ionvex
Cruiser

Wide Glide baby apes here. Perfect for me.

Old 03-15-2009 | 07:04 AM
greggg
Cruiser

I went to the chrome high bars #56180-08. First ride i hated them,lowered them, now i think i"m going to like them,did 100 miles Sat. on them no problems.

Old 03-15-2009 | 12:41 PM
robkingclassic
Stage II

I just had them install on my bike this weekend. I only got to ride it for about 20miles but liked them. I didn't notice the wrist angle being weird. But now that you brought that to my attention the ocd will kick in next time... thanks alot lol

Old 03-15-2009 | 01:15 PM
DaltonHD
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JonnyD
Once you pull the "Heritage bars" back, they look very odd on a RK. I did much research on this subject last year, even sat on a RK with the Heritage bars and did not like the look or feel of the bars. You either need a taller ape style, or more of a buckhorn style. I went with the Chrome RK high bars and they fit and feel perfect for me. Proper wrist angle and are made for the RK.
Did you need to change cables?

Quick Reply: "Heritage Style" handlebar on RKC - An Oberservation