Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Heritage Style" handlebar on RKC - An Oberservation

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009 | 09:13 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MadIrish
Hello all, I am new to the forum, but have been reading for a while. I am in the market for an '09 or '10 Road King, but have held back because, like many of you, I don't like the hunched over ridign position. I am 5'10", 30" inseam, and not too long of arm. The Heritage Classic itself fits me like a glove, but I still consider the Road King a superior bike.

I am pretty much sold on the Heritage Style bar concept, but I am still a little confused.

Can they be installed on a '09 or '10 King without the need for cable extensions, new TPS, etc? Most of you seem to be indicating "yes", but my dealer is saying "no, you need cables and TPS".

Can anyone make a definitive comment?

Thanks
Yes the Heritage style bars go on with no cable changes etc. These are the bars on my 09 RKC.

Old 12-04-2009 | 10:24 AM
Edmo
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Heritage Bars on my '06 RK Classic fixed the "bad wrist angle" of the stock bars. I love 'em. The wife even has a pair on her Boulevard.

Edmo

Old 12-04-2009 | 11:36 AM
Ctac
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Att. MadIrish

Heritage style bars go on with no cable changes.
Dealer BS you.

Old 12-04-2009 | 12:48 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Didn't read all of the posts here (11+ pages) but the '09 Heritage bars are shaped more like mini-apes but not too tall. The old style are ugly and extremely uncomfortable, the new style far, far better.
The '09 part number is 56569-09 and they sell for $75. No cable or hose swaps were necessary although I did have to modify a bend in the brake hard line and slightly re-route the throttle cable. On a 1-10 rating I'd give a 2 for difficulty (10 being the hardest).

Old 12-06-2009 | 12:21 PM
Alabamaslammer
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Wild1

Originally Posted by bamorris2
I purchased this handlebar (#56902-08) a few months back. Installed them, and uninstalled them the same day. I love the height (kinda like a mini-mini ape), but I absolutely HATE the wrist angle. I have to twist my wrists outward to gain a firm grip. I prefer being able to keep my wrists straight, like I can with the stock bars.

I really haven't seen these same comments from others regarding the Heritage Style bars. Seems that everyone really likes them... So has anyone else noticed the weird wrist angle, or am I truly the only one?\

Also, is there anyway to "bend" the bars to adjust the wrist angle?? Or are there any other bars out there that are otherwise identicle to them, except for the wrist angle? I'm looking at the Wild1 Chubby 513 Baby Apes, but they're $220.
You can't go wrong with Wild1 Chubby's, they're expensive...but they are sure nice. I love my Chubby's.I never have liked the Heritage bar. I think they are just plain ugly, makes you feel like you're pushing a lawnmower, and I think they where ugly on the Heritage too! my 2cents

Last edited by Alabamaslammer; 12-12-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-06-2009 | 01:40 PM
harleyboy63401
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine are actaul Heritage bars and I really like them. Been on from mile 1!

Old 12-06-2009 | 02:05 PM
Nightking
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Heritage style bars on my 06 Road King. I do not like them either. It seems to have my wrists angled upwards at the outside of the bar. I had to pull them back (out of line with the front end),and now they just look goofy as hell. Is there a taller bar that won't require a cable change? And does any one make a bar that actually turns back toward the rider, instead of angled up?

Old 12-06-2009 | 10:31 PM
rbanas3
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the heritage style bars. I like them. So much better than stock. I don't have a problem with the angle. I guess it depends on the shape of your body. I'm 6'1" and have average length arms for my height.

Old 12-06-2009 | 11:15 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I put the Heritage style bars on my RG and love them. I know most of you guys are talking about RK's but the stock RG bars are a real reach.

Old 12-07-2009 | 08:13 AM
keltonkrew
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MadIrish
Hello all, I am new to the forum, but have been reading for a while. I am in the market for an '09 or '10 Road King, but have held back because, like many of you, I don't like the hunched over ridign position. I am 5'10", 30" inseam, and not too long of arm. The Heritage Classic itself fits me like a glove, but I still consider the Road King a superior bike.

I am pretty much sold on the Heritage Style bar concept, but I am still a little confused.

Can they be installed on a '09 or '10 King without the need for cable extensions, new TPS, etc? Most of you seem to be indicating "yes", but my dealer is saying "no, you need cables and TPS".

Can anyone make a definitive comment?

Thanks
Put the Heritage Style bars on my 09 King, nothing had to change...

Quick Reply: "Heritage Style" handlebar on RKC - An Oberservation