Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Detachable 2 up tour pak wont fit

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 11:24 AM
fairplay
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no problem "making" things fit but It is my belief that after you pay 20K for the scoot, 1K for the tour pak and another 300 for the mount and docking hardware, you should not need to "make" anything fit.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by fairplay
I have no problem "making" things fit but It is my belief that after you pay 20K for the scoot, 1K for the tour pak and another 300 for the mount and docking hardware, you should not need to "make" anything fit.
Don't forget to add an oil cooler, stage 1 kit and FI device so the bike doesn't overheat come summer

Old 03-14-2009, 11:39 AM
WARRENB
Intermediate
Default I agree with fairplay

If you spend the money for the tour pak and detach bracket and mounting kit, the parts should fit together. Take it to the dealer and have them fit it.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:54 AM
Dr. Combustion
Cruiser

My brackets had to be "adjusted" as well. I also thought it should fit better too.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:11 PM
RK Ivan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Try

Try loosening the bolts on the brackets and have someone hold your pack connected to bushings. I did this cuz I had same prob. It allowed me to use the play in the brackets to get enough distance rearward for the connections to fit.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:21 PM
murf1
Cruiser

I took the bracket back to the dealer, service guy took me in back and attempted to put it on a bike that had the mounts on it. He grunted and snorted and got it on, then said "well its not the bracket, looks like it fits to me" I said I guess we have different definitions of what fit means. He goes to take the thing off and just about lifts the back tire off the ground, pulling and jerking on it. Yep I said she fits gooood !! So I guess I gotta live with it. Already cracked the 2 plastic bushings on the mounts, I agree it needs to be snug so you don't end up with rattles, But this is total BS.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:33 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a lot of people tell me the same thing on the 09 setups, weird too, one seems to fit great (thinking on it though it seems the sissybar's fit and the T/P won't) the next person cracks his bushing's just putting it on once or twice. It also seems to be mainly with the 2 up t/p's, what are yall adjusting on the mounting kit, I thought it was a just bolt on with no adjustment? Rick a friend of mine told me he noticed as he was trying to force his on it seemed to be pushing the chrome front spacer out of line (forcing it forward) with the front bushing, makes me think the distance beween the bushing's isn't right on the 2 up T/P rack or the the mounting plate one.

Last edited by gilbos440rt; 03-14-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:54 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

It's likely the Chinese made detachable rack itself. The rack for the tour pack. Probably not made to proper spec. Chinese Davidson.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:55 PM
M1garandfan
Advanced

Originally Posted by RODEO
It's likely the Chinese made detachable rack itself. The rack for the tour pack. Probably not made to proper spec. Chinese Davidson.
Would that be "Haree Davidson"?

Old 03-14-2009, 09:15 PM
FLoTR
Road Master

either spread it or squeeze it until it fits. I had to hammer my rotating locks several times before it loosened up at all. That means that mine is still not bent far enough.

Quick Reply: 09 Detachable 2 up tour pak wont fit